Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

smallcoal:
Hi all,another busy week swapped the man for a daf today as the daf is being replaced in September by a brand new daf which will be mine

I don’t think a DAF will be any good John, not a big enough windscreen for all that tat.

Will it be the latest gen DAF ?

robthedog:

smallcoal:
Hi all,another busy week swapped the man for a daf today as the daf is being replaced in September by a brand new daf which will be mine

I don’t think a DAF will be any good John, not a big enough windscreen for all that tat.

The man is playing up a bit ,the daf is going in September and a brand new one coming ,

One of these John ?

robthedog:

smallcoal:

and it will look a bit silly with the MAN boudoir sign

robthedog:
One of these John ?

No it be the xf again ,I wouldn’t like to drive that I hate them mirror less trucks ,I seen a new audi with them stalks on looked absolutely terrible like someone smashed the mirrors off ,Clarke’s got mirror less mercs I drove one out of the yard hit two kerbs cause you can’t see the trailer on a curve

It will be another one of these

Is it still ok to post pics of removal vans on this thread ? :smiley:

Suedehead:
0Is it still ok to post pics of removal vans on this thread ? :smiley:

why would you want to do that ?

Maybe

AE47EF2B-CC12-49EA-8C9C-84E130DED9D5.jpeg

robthedog:
Maybe

Bit too much bling for my liking. must have been a bit tight getting in there

Suedehead:

I can remember talking to Mr Smith at Pickfords Manchester who used to buy the trucks or look after the maintenance. He told me that they starting buying
the Ford Cargo’s after the Volvo F6’s they operated as they were much cheaper and they thought it was the way to go. However they soon sarted buying
FL6’s when they realised the Ford’s were twice expensive to keep on the road due to breakdowns and general replacement of parts. :unamused: :laughing:

pickford 1988 prem.PNG

My daf truck

Nice bit of kit John , was she clean or have you had to clean her ? :smiley:

JAKEY:
Nice bit of kit John , was she clean or have you had to clean her ? :smiley:

They all clean if we late back Friday jamie the owner comes in Saturday and washes them down for us got microwave and fridge in it

DEANB:

Suedehead:

I can remember talking to Mr Smith at Pickfords Manchester who used to buy the trucks or look after the maintenance. He told me that they starting buying
the Ford Cargo’s after the Volvo F6’s they operated as they were much cheaper and they thought it was the way to go. However they soon sarted buying
FL6’s when they realised the Ford’s were twice expensive to keep on the road due to breakdowns and general replacement of parts. :unamused: :laughing:

The first batch of Ford Cargo’s that Pickfords got were a batch that, ordered by BRS Truck Rental in 1980, but later cancelled. From memory I think there were 150 of them and they had the chassis lengthened. They were then fitted with bodies that could take 4 containers. Up until that point, again from memory, I don’t think Pickfords had anything capable of carrying any more than 3 containers.

Dennis Javelin:

DEANB:

Suedehead:

The first batch of Ford Cargo’s that Pickfords got were a batch that, ordered by BRS Truck Rental in 1980, but later cancelled. From memory I think there were 150 of them and they had the chassis lengthened. They were then fitted with bodies that could take 4 containers. Up until that point, again from memory, I don’t think Pickfords had anything capable of carrying any more than 3 containers.

Must have been 81/82 Dennis as only launched in 81. I wonder why BRS cancelled that order ? Pickfords used the larger 330 cube containers unlike the traditional 250 cube
ones so thats why they could only load 4 contianers when everyone else had 5 or 6 pallet motors. :wink:

DEANB:

Dennis Javelin:

DEANB:

Suedehead:

Must have been 81/82 Dennis as only launched in 81. I wonder why BRS cancelled that order ? Pickfords used the larger 330 cube containers unlike the traditional 250 cube
ones so thats why they could only load 4 contianers when everyone else had 5 or 6 pallet motors. :wink:

They were X suffix motors so that would be about right. I don’t have much personal info on why the Truck Rental division cancelled the order other than, again from personal recollection, the fact that this division was quite good at forward planning and they probably were reacting to the recession that we had just entered into at that time. The truck rental vehicles were only kept on the fleet for two years at that time so the prospect of having a considerable volumes of chassis’ sitting in depots with little prospect of earning any revenue would have weighed heavily on their mind. I do know that Pickford’s got these vehicles at a very advantageous price :unamused: :unamused:

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
They were X suffix motors so that would be about right. I don’t have much personal info on why the Truck Rental division cancelled the order other than, again from personal recollection, the fact that this division was quite good at forward planning and they probably were reacting to the recession that we had just entered into at that time. The truck rental vehicles were only kept on the fleet for two years at that time so the prospect of having a considerable volumes of chassis’ sitting in depots with little prospect of earning any revenue would have weighed heavily on their mind. The Truck Rental division had a very close relationship with Ford so I can only imagine that this order was placed with Ford either before or at the very start of production of this range.

I do know that Pickford’s got these vehicles at a very advantageous price :unamused: :unamused:
[/quote]

Dennis Javelin:
“DEANB” “Dennis Javelin”

They were X suffix motors so that would be about right. I don’t have much personal info on why the Truck Rental division cancelled the order other than, again from personal recollection, the fact that this division was quite good at forward planning and they probably were reacting to the recession that we had just entered into at that time. The truck rental vehicles were only kept on the fleet for two years at that time so the prospect of having a considerable volumes of chassis’ sitting in depots with little prospect of earning any revenue would have weighed heavily on their mind. I do know that Pickford’s got these vehicles at a very advantageous price :unamused: :unamused:

Cheers Dennis,i bet they did get them at a good price,150 motors is a big order. :smiley: :wink:

201814740_2939195606294307_6324471436069725973_n.jpg
Borrowed from another thread. Love the TIR plate on the 35 cwt