Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

JAKEY:

Is picture no.3 opposite Baxter’s healthcare in Cowley?

Hello Kempston ,yes you are correct .

The Hoffs motor basking in the sun @ Unique van bodies in Warrington , been in for a few body defects , touch up with some paint spots etc ,not bad for five years old now ,loved and cared for by the driver .

JAKEY:
Hello Kempston ,yes you are correct .

I used to deliver into there so thought I recognised it.

JAKEY:
The Hoffs motor basking in the sun @ Unique van bodies in Warrington , been in for a few body defects , touch up with some paint spots etc ,not bad for five years old now ,loved and cared for by the driver .

Morning JAKEY,

What size containers do you use then chap. Looking at the doors plus space do you use the larger ones than 250 cube.
Pickford’s use to use larger ones,think they were about 330 cube from memory ?

Hoults Thornycroft from 1955.

Hello Dean ,

Yes we use the 330 feet ones same as Pickfords ,more likely to get 3 seater sofas in than the 250 containers .

2, we have got about 10 of the 250 containers though for smaller jobs or under cubbed jobs :laughing:

The cab chassis is a Dennis Pax.
Oily

oiltreader:
Oily

A long time since I’ve seen a ‘20 plate’ I think when the speed limit was increased to 30mph they couldn’t take them off quick enough. In 1956 like so many others we bought a new Thames 4D 5 tonner with a 1500 cu ft body that weighed under 3 ton unladen which was able to travel’ legally at 30mph, where our Bedford petrol SBs with 1650cu ft were limited to 20 ‘legally’ but would cruise at 50 with good mirrors & eyesight. The other attraction was the 4D got about 24 mpg whereas the petrol Bedfords got 12 . In our area Hoults, Alfred Bell, Hayward & Robinson, TT Liddle, Fred Elliott Johnson’s of Durham as well as us all bought one, but not one second one was sold as they were so unreliable.

Carl Williams:

oiltreader:
Oily

A long time since I’ve seen a ‘20 plate’ I think when the speed limit was increased to 30mph they couldn’t take them off quick enough. In 1956 like so many others we bought a new Thames 4D 5 tonner with a 1500 cu ft body that weighed under 3 ton unladen which was able to travel’ legally at 30mph, where our Bedford petrol SBs with 1650cu ft were limited to 20 ‘legally’ but would cruise at 50 with good mirrors & eyesight. The other attraction was the 4D got about 24 mpg whereas the petrol Bedfords got 12 . In our area Hoults, Alfred Bell, Hayward & Robinson, TT Liddle, Fred Elliott Johnson’s of Durham as well as us all bought one, but not one second one was sold as they were so unreliable.

Intresting comments Carl. :wink:

Heres a spec sheet on the Dennis Pax,looks like a newer model ?

Click on pages twice.

Me tipping a load of cardboard tubes at alliance flooring hemel hempstead on Thursday morning

Hello John ,

Have you started then ?

JAKEY:
Hello John ,

Have you started then ?

Hi Steve yes started Thursday he was stuck so I said I would start

That is great news , more pictures please ?

JAKEY:
That is great news , more pictures please ?

Will be taking a lot of pics on my journey s,Thursday done Hemel Hempstead back to Newport loaded smurfit got as far as Stoke ,ran to Blackburn Friday tipped loaded tiles out of Wigan for home

THAT WAS A NICE START MATE ,look forward to seeing your photos.