Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

Lawrence Dunbar:

Nice pic Lawrence,hope she made them tea and tipped them after :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

smallcoal:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Nice pic Lawrence,hope she made them tea and tipped them after :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well my Old Grandad who was driving the wagon & drag never mentioned that they gave him & his second man any Rich Tea Biccies, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: . Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

smallcoal:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Well my Old Grandad who was driving the wagon & drag never mentioned that they gave him & his second man any Rich Tea Biccies, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: . Regards Larry.

I. Bet he had some stories to tell about that day ,how long was he in the furniture game for its fascinating how long removals have been around ,when w Jones ceased trading in the 90,s the firm was 90 years old nice firm to work for during school holidays and when I left school

Well my Grandad Smiles who was my mams Dad started his his driving on Steam Traction Engines, He then moved onto steam wagons, Then Scammell low loaders until he retired at the good old age of 70, Plus his haulage skills have come out on me & my sons Im pleased to say, Im retired of course now that Im 84. But my youngest son drives for the famous J.R.Adams Ltd haulage firm at Swalwell, I am in fact going with him as his second man with a 70Ft long load on the 29th, I love it being asked to do this plus Im second man to my Son Nigel who IMO Is a great lad for this kind of indivsable work Wich takes a lot of skill to do, , Regards Larry.

Lovely photo Lawrence .

JAKEY:
Lovely photo Lawrence .

Hi Steve mate how’s tricks you busy mate

Hello John,

You should know this is the busiest week of the year ! yes and if we do have any spaces ! it is we been hucked about by clients !! :open_mouth: , The Hoff is off next week and it looks like I have his motor Tuesday/Wednesday ,three containers to Bournemouth and only two of us ! (4th floor flat) came in at the last min and I had to say yes ,I have a night out and run back the next day . Can you still park at the football ground ?

How is your dad ?

JAKEY:
Hello John,

You should know this is the busiest week of the year ! yes and if we do have any spaces ! it is we been hucked about by clients !! :open_mouth: , The Hoff is off next week and it looks like I have his motor Tuesday/Wednesday ,three containers to Bournemouth and only two of us ! (4th floor flat) came in at the last min and I had to say yes ,I have a night out and run back the next day . Can you still park at the football ground ?

How is your dad ?

Hi Steve ,he ok been in hospital 5 days found ecoli in his blood he on antibiotics it all cleared up ,last time I parked up in bournmouth I parked on the beach car park on the front ,I don’t know about the football ground though

Hello John , Glad to hear the old fella is getting better ,is he home yet ? ,I like to park by the beach but are you allowed ?

JAKEY:
Hello John,

How is your dad ?

Hello JAKEY, you can still park at the football ground, Kings park lorry park. There are charges as below.

bournemouth.PNG

However depending on your hours you would be better parking at Ringwood.The lorry park is right by the side of the flyover just
off the Furlong. (see map) I am not sure if there are charges,but you can walk straight into town for a meal. (5 mins)

JAKEY:
Hello John , Glad to hear the old fella is getting better ,is he home yet ? ,I like to park by the beach but are you allowed ?

Sorry to hear about your dad John, hope hes on the mend. :wink:

1964 Advert.

DEANB:

JAKEY:

Sorry to hear about your dad John, hope hes on the mend. :wink:

Hi many thanks mate yes he on mend hopefully be home from hospital Monday he is on the mend thank god we going to see him tomorrow

Thank you Dean for the information ,I might stay there instead then . :smiley:

Glad your dads doing well John .

JAKEY:
Glad your dads doing well John .

Hi Steve,we had another setback he was supposed to be coming out today but his bp is low so he in for another week till they get it up

Oh No John ,sorry to hear this mate , I do hope he out soon ,I keep praying good buddy .

Advert from 1960.

Bit before my time,anyone know the make of the main truck in the advert ?

Click on page twice.

DEANB:
Advert from 1960.

Bit before my time,anyone know the make of the main truck in the advert ?

Click on page twice.

Hi Dean, The “Rest Assured” furniture van is an Albion. If you click on the picture,
the Albion badge is just about visible. Regards, Ray.