Blood pressure and medical

Don’t worry Robroy,
Downstairs will still work with sensible doses of most heart drugs , just do not be tempted by the “herbal” tablets for performance !!!

This is a subject I know lots about having had my vocational licence taken away , heart surgery , and years of drugs .
Just take a sensible approach to food and exercise.

I had my medical last week,in the evening,after a somewhat “stressful” day at work :unamused:
Using the Omron tester,my BP was slightly higher than usual,as I expected,and I was close to borderline,so the Doctor used the old fashioned pressure gauge and stethoscope method,which recorded my BP as a few clicks lower,coming in well under the bar :laughing: The old ways are sometimes the best :wink:
This is a useful chart for “at a glance” info…
vaughns-1-pagers.com/medicin … ange-chart

What’s the name of the bike I wouldn’t mind getting one of them is it English or what or is she something you just picked up

Working with a driver who is currently trying to get his hgv entitlement back after his doctor reported his high bp to the dvla. It’s 180/100 as reported.

There are lots of natural remedies that can be very effective at treating high blood pressure without going the drug route. Well worth looking into. Not perscribing anything as no expert go see a herbalist. Read up on magnesium CoQ10 and hawthorn tincture to see what can be achieved. Most are more effective that the drug route though they do take longer to build up and take effect.

Local doctors got a self service BP machine in reception mines low as you can go was just on the scale :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
Local doctors got a self service BP machine in reception mines low as you can go was just on the scale :laughing:

Are you speaking from the other side… :open_mouth:

Harry Monk:
180 systolic over 100 diastolic. You can buy a blood pressure tester for £20, this might be an idea as your blood pressure will vary throughout the day so it might be an idea to book the medical for the time of day when it is lowest (normally mid-afternoon).

Your GP can prescribe medication to reduce blood pressure, only problem with this is that high blood pressure is helpful in some respects so the wife may have to do with a bit less pounding. :wink:

Correct 180 systolic over 100 diastolic and its curtains time. As long as it is below that figure the all good although the doctor may want to out you on tablets if it higher than normal.

A decent blood pressure machine is quite cheap to buy I paid around 30 quid for mine from my local pharmacy.

Omron m2 basic and does the job fine. It’s also worth nothing that at the doctors people often end up with “white coat syndrome” and have a higher reading than normal when having it taken at the doctors.

If you have your own machine and do daily or weekly test and log it you can then show what your normal figures are.
Mine varies quite a bit as low as 120/80 and as high as 145/93 but usually most of the time around 120-130/80/95.

I was under the impression that blood pressure increases during the day and is at its highest in early to mid-afternoon. Lowest is in the evening (bit impractical for getting a medical done) otherwise very first thing in the morning when it is still rising (it starts increasing before you wake up) is possibly the next best time to get it done, but if you are stuck in rush-hour traffic that would probably offset any advantage.

By the way, as well as cutting out salt there are a number of foods which will reduce blood pressure, skimmed milk and beetroot juice (not necessarily together) are two I know of but there are many others.

Go and see your doctor and listen to her/him. I started off with high blood pressure and ended up with all sorts :unamused:

Doesn’t stress increase high blood pressure?
Stop driving and avoid TNUK. Sorted!

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

robroy:
Can anybody tell me what the acceptable blood pressure figures are in order to pass the HGV medical ?
Last time I had trouble getting through (can’t for life of me remember the figures)
The wife bought me a treadmill and I gave it a pounding (the treadmill, not the wife :laughing: ) and eventually got it down. :sunglasses:

Got myself a bike lined up for this time, licence expiry in 3 or 4 months.
Cheers all.

Rob,
Omron machine is good just make sure the band that wraps around
your fat muscular!!! arm is large enough.You can get different sizes.

Cheers Malc.

It is possible to naturally reduce your BP by thinking calming thoughts and focusing on ones core to relax, with practice a dramatic reduction in BP can be achieved, it is also possible to stimulate and increase ones BP using this method and even stimulate adrenaline release for improved performance.

I’m into the realms of Tantra here lads and tantric techniques but all proven (well sort of) methods. Things like a tantric massage can be very relaxing and there’s even some good yoga positions that can reduce BP also.

Not wishing to be rude but masterbating 30 mins before a BP test can reduce ones blood pressure significantly.
The health benefits of regular self pleasurification are never to be underestimated.

Unlike my bloody optician who told me I had to stop masterbating, when I asked ‘why’ he said, coz I’m trying to test your eyesight you dirty bugger.

I can’t envisage the OP knocking one off in the waiting room prior to the BP test

peirre:
I can’t envisage the OP knocking one off in the waiting room prior to the BP test

Hey mate…I’m open to all options if it’s going to work ! :laughing:
Mind you, it may be a problem working up to the event, you haven’t seen the receptionist in our Doctors. :open_mouth:

robroy:

peirre:

Hey mate…I’m open to all options if it’s going to work ! :laughing:
Mind you, it may be a problem working up to the event, you haven’t seen the receptionist in our Doctors. :open_mouth:

i just did my medical and the nurse who did the bp was a lovely black lady, my bp wasnt good when she checked it , the old doctor did it again and it was ok , he told me it must have been white coat syndrome, i told him she was wearing a blue nurses uniform , he wasnt impressed oops

Dri-Diddly-Iver…those all sorts that you ended up with, can be quite beneficial as they contain Liquorice…i prefer the round wheel type ones myself…liquorice in the middle…and coconut on the outside. :smiley:

Roymondo:
I am informed that certain medicines marketed to enhance blood supply to the male organs have the side effect of slightly reducing the measured blood pressure.

I don’t think popping “love potion number nine” before the test will lower the BP, though it does require a little visual stimulation for it to have the usual effect, and if the receptionist at Robs GP looks like Blunder woman, it’s unlike he’ll have to worry about excessive wood during the medical :laughing:

My medical problems cause exactly the opposite!
Last time the medics had me in the yellow and green bus my BP was 72/38 !

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hope this helps

Any blood pressure problems need to be looked into by your GP regardless of risk to the loss of your licence. I would sooner lose my licence than my life. Also there is the issue of being a danger to others if you are having any potential problems, last place you need to be is sat in a 40 ton arctic and suffer a stroke or heart attack whilst driving.