Blocking A Road To Make A Delivery

I had to deliver in Church Street, Stoke Newington this morning. The only place to stop near the shop was a short stretch of single yellow line with no restrictions for unloading (no parking 8-6) and identical restrictions on the other side. Parked opposite was one of those hairdresser Porsche things that do the school run, stopping any large vehicle from getting between us. We did the delivery but upset a few people, the car driver who was illegally parked was nowhere in sight. Got a bit of grief from passers by but not from the bus driver or cabbies forced to wait.
Was I wrong to stop (I hadn’t broken any restrictions) I had every right to be there unlike the car. No parking ticket or complaints to my boss…so far.

Why worry ? the twot in the Porsche was out of order, not you.

As long as someone’s started a thread on a bus driver forum moaning about why some ■■■■ lorry driver delivering flour held him up then it’s fine.

Pay them no attention.

As long as you can move out the way quickly for an emergency vehicle then its needs must

ROG:
As long as you can move out the way quickly for an emergency vehicle then its needs must

Agree with this ^.

I was once threatened with a parking ticket by one off those green uniformed traffic wardens that go around London, It was because I’d popped the N/S wheels on the pavement to allow enough room for buses to pass, this being illegal, he told me to park on the road, which blocked it as soon as the next bus came along. But the Traffic Warden was happy, road was blocked but the pavement was clear, fine by Me :wink:

Without seeing the situation it’s hard to say whether you was right or wrong.

Even though the car was parked illegally if you could have stopped a bit further up the street so leaving the road clear that’s what you should have done, if that was completely impractical you was right to stop where you was, by completely impractical I mean you would not have been able to do the delivery even with a bit of extra work, I don’t mean it was OK to park there because you would have had to walk an extra 20 yards.

tachograph:
Even though the car was parked illegally if you could have stopped a bit further up the street so leaving the road clear that’s what you should have done, if that was completely impractical you was right to stop where you was, by completely impractical I mean you would not have been able to do the delivery even with a bit of extra work, I don’t mean it was OK to park there because you would have had to walk an extra 20 yards.

My lorry was too long to fit within the next single yellow line (double yellow before and after with the yellow stripe on the kerb). Just past that and there are double yellows/yellow kerb restrictions past that due to junctions. Much further than that and you are close to a fire station. Right or wrong I always stop where the whole of the lorry keeps out of restrictions (lots of fun given the size of some red route loading bays).

Had a similar situation in london too, used my brain and parked with 2 wheels on the pavement, otherwise the road would have been blocked, i got a ticket for parking on the pavement…just cant win, i even had to pay the ticket myself.

I had something similar today, I was parked in a loading bay doin a delivery in Wimbledon, just finishing up and another wagon could see I was finishing up so he waited on a single yellow for me to finish, all of about 30 seconds, I jumped in the unit and fired it up and I could hear horns blaring, I looked over and there’s some fella asking if I wanted a coffee :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I hadn’t even done anything, I was gettin the other fellas stick :laughing: :laughing: he got this ✌️In return :laughing:

I once stopped in a village called Wem in Shropshire to ask directions, I saw a guy in his garden and shouted to him asking directions to a builders yard, Jewsons or somewhere (it was the back of beyond), anyway he told me to turn off the engine and come over and he would ring them to check if some bridge was open or something, I told him I was blocking half the village, he told me not to worry as he was a head plod for the area :laughing:
He proceeded to show me the house extension he was building and told me he knew all the guys at the yard I was looking for and did I want a cuppa.
The village was gridlocked :blush:

Drift:
I once stopped in a village called Wem in Shropshire to ask directions, I saw a guy in his garden and shouted to him asking directions to a builders yard, Jewsons or somewhere (it was the back of beyond), anyway he told me to turn off the engine and come over and he would ring them to check if some bridge was open or something, I told him I was blocking half the village, he told me not to worry as he was a head plod for the area :laughing:
He proceeded to show me the house extension he was building and told me he knew all the guys at the yard I was looking for and did I want a cuppa.

Did you have the brew■■? :wink:

truckyboy:
Had a similar situation in london too, used my brain and parked with 2 wheels on the pavement, otherwise the road would have been blocked, i got a ticket for parking on the pavement…just cant win, i even had to pay the ticket myself.

■■■■ that… They put the deliveries on us, they must know that certain jobs at certain places run the risk of a parking ticket, if they don’t like it, don’t accept the delivery :smiling_imp:

tango boy:

Drift:

No as I am strange I dont like tea or coffee, he kindly gave me a can of coke though :sunglasses: :laughing:

Drift:

tango boy:

Drift:

No as I am strange I dont like tea or coffee, he kindly gave me a can of coke though :sunglasses: :laughing:

Sound :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Going slightly of topic but if you park across an entrance you have to move to let someone out ,however I don’t believe you have to move to let someone in as long as your not illegally parked ,we tested this with a late paying customer !

Drift:

tango boy:

Drift:

Not even tea or coffee first drink on mornings drift :question:

seth 70:

Drift:

tango boy:

Drift:

Not even tea or coffee first drink on mornings drift :question:

There’s always time for a brew Dan :wink: :wink:

Drift:

tango boy:

Drift:

Sounds a bit dodgy. Did the coke have rohypnol in it? Did you wake up four hours later feeling dirty and wearing a wedding dress?

It’s okay if you don’t want to talk about it.

Contraflow:

Drift:

tango boy:

Drift:

Sounds a bit dodgy. Did the coke have rohypnol in it? Did you wake up four hours later feeling dirty and wearing a wedding dress?

It’s okay if you don’t want to talk about it.

Sussed… but I have never suffered with piles since :laughing: :laughing:

A quick snort of diesel in the morning while the other lads have a brew sorts me… :wink: :laughing: