Blindside

I generally have no problem with a blindside reverse. Do a lot of farms where the farmers don’t even realise you are totally obvious to what’s going on down your blind side. I also do a regular tip where it’s a blind side reverse but once you’re used to it I can usually do it first time.

Matt.

Easy solution to blindside reversing if your worried about it is to get one of these mirrors, guy at work has one in renault and it works a treat, makes it a piece of Pish!!

rhaonline.co.uk/vehicle-secu … ing_-.html

mazzer:
That said, I was at an RDC the othe week, with no other trucks on the bays, about 3 miles between each bay, and I stuffed it right up :blush: luckily there was no one around to watch me have an epic fail :smiling_imp:

Our place is the same, if both bays at either side are full, the trailer glides in near enough perfect onto the door. With a empty year I make a right ■■■ of myself.

I can blind side using the back window not to badly, but recently I’ve been blindside reversing trying to use just the mirrors… Getting better at it I must say :grimacing:

LOL, turns out I’ve been blindsiding into my driveway daily for the last 26years! :wink: :smiley:

Ferrybridge and Doncaster can be tricky given there is zb all room! Leciester Forest East Northbound is another annoying one. If one person parks wrong then everyone who comes in on the left of him after is parked wrong. Go up the line and it gets so bad that people are actually parking down the middle of two bays because of one numbskull who can’t park right at the bottom of the line.

Governor:
Easy solution to blindside reversing if your worried about it is to get one of these mirrors, guy at work has one in renault and it works a treat, makes it a piece of Pish!!

Are these any good? also, do they need to be fixed or will bulldog clips do the job for us “Cab Hoppers”?

Fair play to you for doing that it is quite noticeable that English drivers are velcroed into the seat when there is a need to get out to watch someone back, most places it will an EE who helps you out
[/quote]
True true. I was in south mimms the other week. Got there anout 2000 only couple places left and both blind sode between parked trucks. So as i was trying to get in slowly uk drivers stayed in the cab and watch me do it whilst EE drivers walked up to me and said “we help” one stayed at the back and one in front. Got in bo problem. Thank you.

Given the choice, non of us would pick the blind side reverse unless you were that confident you just wanted to show off!
At my great age I will do a blind side if there’s no alternative, and if there’s no help forthcoming, never be ashamed of getting out of the motor to check, but it’s like any other reverse really, getting set up right in the first place.
I must say that the n/s mirrors on the MP4’s we have do help a lot when doing a blind side.
There is a selector switch on the door panel that allows you to angle the main mirror outwards to see the arse end of you trailer, much better than these wide angle mirrors that distort things. At the end of the manoever, press the other button and the mirror returns to the original pre set position.

trubster:

Governor:

Are these any good? also, do they need to be fixed or will bulldog clips do the job for us “Cab Hoppers”?

Not much good in MAN’s, DAF 95’s, 105’s and maybe even the Euro 6’s oh and iirc Renault magnums too then… Why? Coz they all have roll down blinds not flip down visors :laughing:

Nothing to a blindside reverse in an artic once you have mastered it on an A frame drawbar. :slight_smile:
I notice some drivers struggle using their good side. :unamused:
What’s with all the over steering these days?

I wish I was as good as you albion.

You sound amazing.

eagerbeaver:

You sound amazing.

+1, done A frames as well!

eagerbeaver:

You sound amazing.

Keep at it pal and you might be one day but then again I see the standards nowadays and wonder what is going on!

Always feels like I am cheating when driving a supermarket truck with a day cab and I look out of the rear window. :grimacing:
Does take the guesswork out of it though!

I’ll always take the easy option and avoid blind side if possible and take an extra manoeuvre to not have to blind side it.
Today though I had no option and had to bite the bullet. Impressed myself.

I find blindsides dead easy now. I take a Makita drill with a 6inch hole cutter and now I can see great out the rear of the cab! :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing:

alder:
I can’t understand why truck manufacturers don’t go back to putting a rear window in the cab?

Because some fools insist on pulled big old trailers that block the view