Blind spots

I was in traffic the other day & was wondering exactly how big the blind spot is in front of my motor, so when I was back in the yard I did a little experiment.

Here’s my car parked in front of the truck

Now here’s the view from the driver’s seat

As you can see, no sign of the car & that is not a small car, scary stuff.

the words"accident waiting to happen"ring a bell! :unamused:

holey crap!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: them “letter box” size windscreens really dont help see round that huge lump of a bonnet!!!

And vosa complain about tables in our windows :laughing:

euroscot:
And vosa complain about tables in our windows :laughing:

pmsl what a fantastic point!!! :laughing: :laughing:

:slight_smile: what do you expect from american rubbish like that.Sorry :wink: Joe.

I’ve always been against anything in the windscreen, tables, flags, frilly pelmets etc, now after driving that Pete I’m not so sure, I regularly go through Chicago in rush hour & believe me the car drivers are every bit as dumb as the ones over there & as long as you’re observant the blind spots are not a problem, I do tend to pick a lane & stick with it now, rather than keep changing lanes.

I’ve also noticed that I don’t look through the right screen that much at all & the bottom 6" of the drivers side screen only gives me a view of the bonnet, that’s a real pain when the sun is reflecting on it, you see some people with a strip of stainless across the bottom of the screen, I now know why they do this, it makes no difference to the field of vision, but it does stop the glare from the bonnet.

These lorries would be a total nightmare in Europe but over here they are pretty much perfect for the job, that’s why everybody wants the old style look, it’s horses for courses.

newmercman:
I’ve always been against anything in the windscreen

newmercman earlier:

Yeah, they make windscreens with cuddly toys and name plates molded into them nowadays don’t they…

you ain’t got one of them low-rider seats have you mercman?

No I haven’t got a low rider seat, they’re ridiculous ain’t they?

As for my teddy Rob, that’s Yiddo the Spurs Bear & as I said I can’t see anything but bonnet from the bottom 6" of the screen so it makes no difference to my field of vision & there’s no name plate in my screen, I know my name so don’t need reminding :laughing:

There’s no need to explain this to you Rob as we all know you already know it all :laughing: but for those that don’t the things in the screen apart from the aforementioned Yiddo are a toll tag & pre-pass for the DOT Scales (the blue box in the right screen) & the thing on the left of the left screen is a transponder for US Customs when I cross the border (it contains all the vehicle details)

newmercman:
No I haven’t got a low rider seat, they’re ridiculous ain’t they?

As for my teddy Rob, that’s Yiddo the Spurs Bear & as I said I can’t see anything but bonnet from the bottom 6" of the screen so it makes no difference to my field of vision & there’s no name plate in my screen, I know my name so don’t need reminding :laughing:

I wasn’t questioning your field of vision nor questioning anything at all in fact. I was merely pointing out your contradictions, ie. your script “I’ve always been against anything in the windscreen” and then showing a view out of your windscreen which is filled with cuddly toys and other tat. :unamused: But whatever …

Rob,

So did you miss the bit where I said ‘now I’m not so sure’ ? therefore no contradiction & to further stress my point, I said ‘I’ve always’ I’ve being an abbreviation for I have, therefore past tense, if I had said I am, you would then have a valid point, as such you haven’t, unless it was a ploy to see who was more pedantic, you or I? :laughing: :laughing:

Good to see you back anyway Rob, I do enjoy your posts, you really have a knack at starting a mass wind up, the most simple topic can go on for weeks once you put the cat amongst the pigeons :wink:

PS the bear has gone, I’m a hairy arsed trucker, the bear doesn’t really go with that image :laughing:

newmercman:
…PS the bear has gone, I’m a hairy arsed trucker, the bear doesn’t really go with that image :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

PMSL!!

Tell that to The Bear!