Blind spot mirrors

I would much rather look over my shoulder than rely on a blind spot mirror they are not a 100% effective and theres nothing wrong with LGV training we all may have had where by we had to turn and look to the blind spot. :unamused:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Agreed! :laughing:

timmis:
I would much rather look over my shoulder than rely on a blind spot mirror they are not a 100% effective and theres nothing wrong with LGV training we all may have had where by we had to turn and look to the blind spot. :unamused:

Me too, i always prefer a manual check. I got one of those litter picker things with a claw on it and how i do it is this; first when i want to manoevre i look over my right shoulder, then set the cruise control and then clamp the litter picker thing onto the steering wheel and keep hold of it to keep the steering going straight then get up out the seat and look out the nearside window, taking great care not to wobble the stick and thus the steering wheel. It sounds a bit complicated but after a bit its just like clockwork. Never hit anything yet, only the gearstick on the way back to the seat!!

Mike-C:

timmis:

Me too, i always prefer a manual check. I got one of those litter picker things with a claw on it and how i do it is this; first when i want to manoevre i look over my right shoulder, then set the cruise control and then clamp the litter picker thing onto the steering wheel and keep hold of it to keep the steering going straight then get up out the seat and look out the nearside window, taking great care not to wobble the stick and thus the steering wheel. It sounds a bit complicated but after a bit its just like clockwork. Never hit anything yet, only the gearstick on the way back to the seat!!

FPMSL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Quite possibly the funniest thing i have ever read on trucknet .

Mike-C:
Never hit anything yet, only the gearstick on the way back to the seat!!

That sounds a bit dangerous. It would be safer in a Scania with a folding gearstick, you could fold it down out the way before crossing back and forth across the cab which would be much safer I think.

What a bunch of [zb] Takers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Very funny though, thats the worst about Trucknet, you always have to watch what you say :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Otherwise the Comedians Jump in :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

Mike-C:
Never hit anything yet, only the gearstick on the way back to the seat!!

That sounds a bit dangerous. It would be safer in a Scania with a folding gearstick, you could fold it down out the way before crossing back and forth across the cab which would be much safer I think.

Thats a good idea Neil, but do you know which fuse I should remove?

If I fold my gearstick down on the volvo the cruise control wont work, I tried it one night laid on the bunk watching TV. I can just about reach the handbrake from my bed if needed.

if i didnt know different i would have sworn scanny wrote this post.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

must try that one day…NOT

Im just waiting for it to appear on some TV watchdog programme :stuck_out_tongue:

Drivers admit driving the truck while resting or sleeping :smiley: Undercover story from a driver who didnt wish to be identified

just put a brick on the accelerator pedal

or half a brick if your going thru roadworks

if you dont have a brick drive under the nearest motorway bridge and friendly youngsters will throw you one.

it is easier in the R series scania autos as theres no gear stick to get in the way also the magnum is easy to get up and have a wander over to the other side have a good luck then get back in the seat and move over in the safe knowledge that have had a good luck on the near side :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

or why not just get a left â– â– â– â– â– â– 

then you won’t even have to get up

vernonbish777:
or why not just get a left â– â– â– â– â– â– 

then you won’t even have to get up

That could be even more dangerous, if you forget it is a left ■■■■■■. You’ll get up for your safety walk across the cab to the left and find yourself opening the door and ending up outside. Then you’ll have to run after the truck and then you’ll just look silly.

i hadn’t thought of that

i must stop being so stoopid