Blimey I went and got myself a job

Class 1 container work running out of Portbury. It just shows that with perseverence a new driver can get work.

Rang them on Friday and was told no way because of insurance, so I continued to tell him that I have a good attitude to work etc. and that I understand about the problems caused by my status as a new driver and that we may be able to come to some arrangement over his increased costs. Went in for a chat on Saturday, rode shotgun with him Monday, insurance arranged Tuesday, drove for a day Wednesday, start work on Monday. Will be sorting out my 99 Renault Premium on Sunday (As far as I´m concerned its the best tractor unit on the planet and I can´t wait to get my stuff in there :sunglasses: ).

I can´t believe my luck considering the financial climate at the moment.

well done congratulations.

good news in these bleak times :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

**WELL DONE ON GETTING A JOB** :D :smiley: :smiley: **WELL DONE ON GETTING A JOB** :D :smiley: :smiley: **WELL DONE ON GETTING A JOB** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well done m8…

Thought Portbury was dead, we’ve been trying to get units in there for months :unamused:

Nothing wrong with a Twingo, they might pull sweet fa, though mine does ok, but the bunk is fine, comfortable ride, and the stereo is the dogs. What more do you need :laughing:

well done that man & good luck with the new job.

Well done and good luck.

Best of Luck mate, I wish you many miles of Happy Motoring… :sunglasses:

Great attitude that man.Well done.Hope all goes well for you with the new job.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going, well done driver

nice 1 mate, well done :smiley:

sweet, good luck mate!
a new driver getting a job and all these prof’s are out with no work be proud matey!

Good luck and best regards from Josh :slight_smile:

well done matey,best of luck for the future,stay safe & lucky :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well Done !
Don’t forget to post a picture so I know who to look out for when I’m in there :wink:

schrodingers cat:
Class 1 container work running out of Portbury. It just shows that with perseverence a new driver can get work.

Rang them on Friday and was told no way because of insurance, so I continued to tell him that I have a good attitude to work etc. and that I understand about the problems caused by my status as a new driver and that we may be able to come to some arrangement over his increased costs. Went in for a chat on Saturday, rode shotgun with him Monday, insurance arranged Tuesday, drove for a day Wednesday, start work on Monday. Will be sorting out my 99 Renault Premium on Sunday (As far as I´m concerned its the best tractor unit on the planet and I can´t wait to get my stuff in there :sunglasses: ).

I can´t believe my luck considering the financial climate at the moment.

Maybe you should Tell what the arrangement was are you now liable for any damage? But well done anyway for finding work in this current climate not an easy thing to do at the moment.

Well done that man, nice to hear some very good news for a change. :sunglasses:

Well done. Cant wait til I get a job

swordtail:
Maybe you should Tell what the arrangement was are you now liable for any damage? But well done anyway for finding work in this current climate not an easy thing to do at the moment.

No problem, I am taking less than 1.5% drop in wages against the regular very experienced drivers to cover th rise in premiums to cover me, and if I have an accident that is shown to be down to my negligence I will pay the increase in the excess for the insurance claim (less than 2 weeks wages). This is in every way acceptable to me as I know that otherwise I will be picking up the scraps of agency work for the next two years.

Thanks for yours and everyone elses congratulations.

schrodingers cat:

swordtail:

No problem, I am taking less than 1.5% drop in wages against the regular very experienced drivers to cover th rise in premiums to cover me, and if I have an accident that is shown to be down to my negligence I will pay the increase in the excess for the insurance claim (less than 2 weeks wages). This is in every way acceptable to me as I know that otherwise I will be picking up the scraps of agency work for the next two years.

Thanks for yours and everyone elses congratulations.

Well negotiated :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Wel done indeed!..Now, don’t ■■■■ it up! :laughing:

Well done to that man, also to your new boss for giving a new driver a chance especially at this moment in time, you give hope to many new drivers on the forum.

Good luck to you mate and well done again