Blanc or brenner?

Double manning to Italy 2mrw and once loaded south of Brescia we are loading in Belgium then back to blighty :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Question is do we go back thru the Blanc nancy lux etc or brenner Austria etc? :confused:

Just wondered if anybody has compared the 2 routes?

Cheers all

Austria seems to be the ā€œroute of choiceā€ for that, but I donā€™t know how the figures stack up.

Harry Monk:
Austria seems to be the ā€œroute of choiceā€ for that, but I donā€™t know how the figures stack up.

It never used to be :exclamation:

Cheapest used to be Swiss, but times change :blush:

Depends on your timings, brenner and swiss are both closed at night whereas the blanc you can keep on going.

Neither. simplon for me. always was and will be. what weight you running at ?

For me it would be Swiss, you are double manned so the night ban shouldnt affect you, you just cut your cloth to suit the country, or at least your sleeping times

Running light but itā€™s a headache going Swiss loaded with cars :unamused: :unamused:

We shall play it by earā€¦like normal :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Cheers

Wheel Nut:
For me it would be Swiss, you are double manned so the night ban shouldnt affect you, you just cut your cloth to suit the country, or at least your sleeping times

Surely that would depend on where they start shift from? The night ban may not be a problem if starting from, say, Manchester but if starting from Kent then it may well do. Not much point double manning a truck to Italy if its going to stop after half a shift, by stopping early it means there is more to do on next shift and then knocks on and on.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Brenner everytime Autohofā€™s all the way

Brenners OK as long as there are no incidents. But then you got a whole lot of Germany to run through.

bigvern1:
Brenners OK as long as there are no incidents. But then you got a whole lot of Germany to run through.

Exactly, with a MAUT box.

If the boss will allow it , France every time via the blanc. Simply because itā€™s easiest IMO.

swiss every time if you can make 4m limit. over bussang too. no tolls in france and lux feulā€¦brenner and austria pain in rear end , speed limits and no overtaking from modena to nearly munichā€¦all these bad points before you even start on the hole that is germanyā€¦remember hitler came from austria nuff said cheers allā€¦

Nip over the Cenis as it will not cost to much for the permit to be ignored, or have times changed ?

Didnā€™t think you could go via Bussang for about seven or eight years now, 7.5 I think

So we left 0500 Tuesday Crossed via Tunnel parked up in Santhia 0130 weds. 9 off

Start 1030 loaded near Cremona & Brescia then headed via Brenner & stopped near Telfs 2100. 9 off

Start 0600 scenic route from telfs - fussen :wink: :wink: :wink: (fight thru German traffic) :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: 1200 ltrs fuel in lux :smiley: :smiley: (45min Q) :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: loaded Brussels 2045 & park up in ashford 0115. 9 off

Start 1030 & back to yard on the south coast at 1400

= 2030miles. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

In hindsight we wouldā€™ve returned via the Blanc but as it was getting close to rush hour & the Blanc was closed for routine maintenance on way down :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: we decided the Brenner was the way to go, then the go box had a funny turn :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: so we were stuck in Austria rather than cracking on towards Ulm.

Swiss is a headache period, go tje Blanc

truckertang:
Running light but itā€™s a headache going Swiss loaded with cars :unamused: :unamused:

We shall play it by earā€¦like normal :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Cheers