blackwall tunnel

never been near it , but on new years eve got a collection out of greencore place at bowater , map they gave meshows place off a12 sort of in middle of tunnel .
so decides to come back through dartford tunnel , onto a13 then map looks like i could come up a1011 [think thats right ] so no need to use a12 , map shops 13ft bridge but looks higher up than road but when i get there it just says 13ft bridge so didnt want to risk it so headed on down a13 then gingerly onto a12 and luckily got into greencore o.k -but

1. what height of tunnels, im sure i saw earlier sign on a13 saying 13ft 3 , then when i turned onto a12 n/bound theres a sign saying s/bound 15ft something.
    so whats the heights n/bound, s/bound, can we use them
  2. last bit looked like i needed to go through permit holders only road to get to it, i didnt in end, but can we
  3. red routes, no parking, im assuming your not going to get hanged drawn and quatered for stopping to ask if anyone if theyve heard of the place
    ta

red routes its cameras that nick you through a computer system so dont stop on them.

going south through blackwall tunnel is 14’ 11" or something quite tall but coming north is 13’4" dead on and if you hit the famous " bump " it will set of the sensors.

the famous " BUMP " is on the approach to the northbound tunnel and if you go over it to fast you will set of the sensors , but if you go steady no problem. beware in the tunnel that the poles whack hell out of your truck and trailer and take it steady cos the tunnel is very tight.

You probably did right using the Dartford. I think you can get at it from Ripple Road near Cody Road. or if not go up towards the tunnel and then head north up the A102M tunnel approach road!!! It should then come up on your right but you need to come off at Twelve Trees and under the motorway.

al
I work on that estate.the blackwall tunnel southbound is 15" northbound is 13"4
as previously stated it sends the barriers down if your anywhere near that.you can go on the estate providing your un/loading.You will get nicked if you stop on the red routesand it would be hard to prove that you were just asking for directions they will nick you.if you come via B.Tunnel you need to come of the A12after the second speed camera following local traffic sign(turning left its a filter lane then take the first right under the A12 and when you reach the next junction turn left and the estate is there.
If you come down the A13 follow the signs on to the A12 and then follow the above directions.
The cody road way is another way in but one of the roads you need to take to get there is closed at present and the diversion is abit of a pain to follow although there are diversion signs up.
Hope this helps

ady1:
never been near it ,

That is a sensible thing to have done, it is horrible. If even Antwerp can have a proper tunnel…

as has been said Northbound is 13’4 and southbound im pretty sure is 15’3.
i you hit or move those metal dangly things on the Northbound side your in for a pull and a hefty fine from the police.

i was stopped by a cop one night heading for the blackwall.
he told me i wouldnt fit through.
i asked him,why had i got through for years before the m25 was built.
back in the 70s and early 80s,we travelled through the blackwall all the time heading both north and south.
some of the trailers were probably more than 4 mtrs,we never asked,just drove
has the tunnel got smaller as the years went on?
i suspect…its the revenue for the dartford tunnel thats been protected here.

southbound - 15’6 / 4.72m
northbound - 13’3 / 4.04m

stevie

greg50:
back in the 70s and early 80s,we travelled through the blackwall all the time heading both north and south.

Thanks to another post. I found out that the Dartford is now free between 10 PM and 6 AM

Don’t forget guys, you can also use the Woolwich Ferry, which is situated between the Dartford and Blackwall Tunnels. I tend to go that way quite a bit and it usually works well, unless they are down to a one boat service.

Ragnarok:
Don’t forget guys, you can also use the Woolwich Ferry, which is situated between the Dartford and Blackwall Tunnels. I tend to go that way quite a bit and it usually works well, unless they are down to a one boat service.

I like the ferry, but by the time you get there and realise the car park is full and the roundabout is blocked, it is a long way back to the Dartford. I cannot use the Northbound Blackwall but we have a regular drop at Albion Chemicals.

Wheel Nut:

Ragnarok:

I like the ferry, but by the time you get there and realise the car park is full and the roundabout is blocked, it is a long way back to the Dartford. I cannot use the Northbound Blackwall but we have a regular drop at Albion Chemicals.

For sure, there are days when the ferry is a bit naughty, but when paid by the hour it is a nice place to plot up, read the paper and enjoy the mini cruise to the dubious delights of Silvertown. I mainly work out of Enfield, so the ferry drops me nicely onto the A406 :slight_smile:

greg50:

Perhaps the tarmac is getting higher?

Woolwich ferry? Duty free is crap!! :laughing: