Blacklisted

There is a post on another thread about being blacklisted. Has this happened to any driver and how would you know?

You wouldn’t know, guvnors who’ve been in business more than 5 minutes would be grateful for the heads up from one of their ilk and have the sense to keep the names of the unemployable confidential, nod wink etc between themselves, nothing on paper or on recordable device anywhere.

Have to do something serious to get blacklisted i reckon, drugs or drink driving, nicking the load or fuel, shopping the company…doubt you’d get blacked for taking the P on sickies but i wouldn’t blame 'em for not wanting P takers.

Juddian:
You wouldn’t know, guvnors who’ve been in business more than 5 minutes would be grateful for the heads up from one of their ilk and have the sense to keep the names of the unemployable confidential, nod wink etc between themselves, nothing on paper or on recordable device anywhere.

Have to do something serious to get blacklisted i reckon, drugs or drink driving, nicking the load or fuel, shopping the company…doubt you’d get blacked for taking the P on sickies but i wouldn’t blame 'em for not wanting P takers.

The above probably applies nowadays but I was made redundant a few times in the 80s and some jobs were only advertised with phone numbers so a couple of times I rang for jobs and all was going well until they asked my name and then the job was gone as they did not want a bolshi shop steward who had organised some firms into being unionised and would not work for buttons.

cheers Johnnie :unamused: :wink:

Hmm i wonder if thats the score with me, a failed owner driver, perhaps i,m in the grey area, :unamused:

lost:
Hmm i wonder if thats the score with me, a failed owner driver, perhaps i,m in the grey area, :unamused:

At least you tried it,takes nuts to try somthing new

Ye guess so mate, i wouldnt do it again way to much hassle ive got grey hair now lol just seen another post sayin about a 3.5 ton sprinter job, that would do me, lots less hassle but doing that O D wise gives me the willies not gettin paid chaseing invoices, that would be my luck.

Didn’t we have a very long thread on these forums several years ago that was as close to blacklisting as possible? The agency who refused to give drivers work unless they sold their soul :stuck_out_tongue:

The prob with this industry someone always knows someone else

I know one driver and he will admit this himself
10-15 years ago he was a ■■■■
Stealing from loads etc taking the pee (nothing could be proved so went unprosecuted)
In the end nobody would employ him

He had to move several hundred miles toget a job
Now he admits he was an idiot and now works for a compNy on here a d would never
Do it again in fairness is a good driver
People can change but mud still sticks and alot of companies still would t empliy him
Because of the past and was a known thing

Juddian:

Or refusing to open your back doors and refuse to reverse on a bay,she said give me your agencies name ( he did say its none of your buisness) as I’m telling them to never send you again,you’ll never come on this site,and I’ll make sure you never appear on one of our other sites.
I really don’t know what was going on his head,apparently he’d tipped on a goods in bay,come round to goods out and was asked to put tri on bay -----, but he said goods in should of told him this after they’d tipped him and gave him his paper work.
To be fair to the women she said PLEASE would you just open your doors and put your tri on bay,but he was having none of it,just kept saying you should of told me in advance of comming round to goods out,I left then but her last words were PLEASE could you just put your trailer on bay ,or if you won’t can you PLEASE just leave site.
This banning ,blacklisting is ■■■■■■■■ in most cases,but to be fair in this case I thought it was well deserved,he was just being a ■■■■■■■,just reverse the bloody thing on the bay and be done with it,she certainely had more patience and manners than I would of done.
The interesting thing to me was it blew the theory out the ground of Johnny Foreigner will work for nothing,do anything for it,this one wouldn’t open his back doors and reverse on a bay :exclamation: :exclamation: