"Black dog"film on BBC2 tonight 23.20

Stars Patrick Swayse as a trucker,and Meatlof.Worth a watch.Pit bull in the trailer,to guard the load.Black dog is hallucinated on the road,due to fatigue.

youtube.com/watch?v=1yH1SNzfK00

very good film

I shall be watching this one :smiley: :smiley:

me too classic :smiley:

i think meatloaf is brill in this film will be watching it

Got it video, ex rental from ireland but will still watch it on the box tonight :smiley:

Good film but you cant beat convoy… :smiley: :smiley:

Gunner:
Good film but you cant beat convoy… :smiley: :smiley:

Convoy was made in better days and that film did’nt even actually come close to the US haulage scene as it was then.That E type driven by Ali Mc Graw would have had a job even catching that Mack with a Detroit in it in real life and Sam Peckinpah should have got Sharon Stone to play the part of Melissa she was only 20 then.

“DUEL” is pretty good.Classic suspense.

I watched this for the first time, pretty good - i liked the bit on the hill when he was surround and he pushed the truck up the hill. I wish you could do that in real life :smiling_imp:

We even have red necks or trailer trash on the uk motorway network.Wonder what happens if you ignore the weighbridge pull off signs,or is it random checks,or every truck that passes?Did Swayse really drive in the film,or stunt double?

merc0447:
I watched this for the first time, pretty good - i liked the bit on the hill when he was surround and he pushed the truck up the hill. I wish you could do that in real life :smiling_imp:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: i was going to post about that scene but could not think how to describe the scene

when he goes

junior - he’s pushing me up the dam hill” 2min 40 in

in the uk that would be a trollydolly pushed by a bulk tipper :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

not yet seen a car transporter drive like that in the uk :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cruise Control:

merc0447:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: i was going to post about that scene but could not think how to describe the scene

when he goes

junior - he’s pushing me up the dam hill” 2min 40 in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVt2EQbP8bI

in the uk that would be a trollydolly pushed by a bulk tipper :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

not yet seen a car transporter drive like that in the uk :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Or substitute trolly dolly and bulk tipper for anybody else and the royal mail :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The real sound of the caterpillar engine,was dubbed from a detroit engine.

toby1234abc:
“DUEL” is pretty good.Classic suspense.

Classic movie, not seen it in a couple of years now

toby1234abc:
The real sound of the caterpillar engine,was dubbed from a detroit engine.

I would’nt be surprised because no one in real life would have gone to all the trouble of getting a Pete conventional without putting the fastest motor they could get in it.So the film makers probably bought the CAT powered one cheap and saved the hassle of swapping the CAT for the quicker motor by just making it sound as though that’s what it had in it?.