Bizarre goings on Mi nr Leicester

Left Tosco Daventry just before 6pm tonight after the customary 5 hour tip and as I drove up the M1 north I noticed very heavy traffic southbound. I spotted a couple of cars with hazards going on the h/s, nothing unusual there I thought but then over the next mile or so I saw at least 60 cars (no trucks) all on the h/s with hazards going. I reckon it was either the worlds most expensive shunt or perhaps someone had dropped something causing them to suffer multiple punctures.

Just to add that although it was dark there didn’t appear to be body damage to any vehicle.

Anybody cast any light on what happened?

The CSI have been paged and will be here shortly.

this will explain it all
leicestermercury.co.uk/Trans … story.html

lizard:
this will explain it all

ouch!!

I don’t think that’s what the OP is talking about.

ROG:

lizard:
this will explain it all

ouch!!

thanks for putting pic up ROG tried myself but it wouldn’t post.

ROG:

lizard:
this will explain it all

ouch!!

Fair play to the driver . . looks like the load was well secured .

I went past s/b about 18.15, saw approx 20 cars, all with at least one flat tyre.

Anybody lost a box of nails !!

if no other vehicle was involved how the heck did the driver manage to overturn his vehicle,unless he was cut up and took evasive action to avoid hitting the other vehicle and maybe the other vehicle sped off,otherwise apart from a blowout i do not see how the driver could have overturned his vehicle

truckman20:
if no other vehicle was involved how the heck did the driver manage to overturn his vehicle,unless he was cut up and took evasive action to avoid hitting the other vehicle and maybe the other vehicle sped off,otherwise apart from a blowout i do not see how the driver could have overturned his vehicle

Judging by the pic,must be the Stobart driver at fault.

i saw 2 cars with hazards on aswell on the southbound side…at bout 5-530 pm…
but as normal the 30min delay going north was caused by yes… the commuters rubber necking again :imp: the prick infront of me in lane 1 was too busy looking over at flashing lites he didnt notice the lorry infront of him was 100meters away. :unamused:

truckman20:

whats the betting a car came flying down the slip rd and pulled out infront of the lorry?? im sticking £25 on it

dazaster:
[lwhats the betting a car came flying down the slip rd and pulled out infront of the lorry?? im sticking £25 on it

+1, definitely a car driver’s fault #csitnuk:exclamation:

So who is not getting their new DAF now ?

Looks like a De Rooy delivery vehicle. Says it all really. :frowning:

Suedehead:

truckman20:

Judging by the pic,must be the Stobart driver at fault.

that’s a little unfair. Sometimes a small percentage of them get the job done without blocking a major arterial route. Today may have been his lucky day :laughing:

##### Alert ## Alert #####

CSI conclusion to OP`s question >+= : Debris = punctures.
The 40 odd cars + , south of 21, had all hit a metal debris object in the carriageway , what looked like a car trailer ramp,
many suffered what looked like at least one or two punctures a piece.
As I passed , there was a 20 mph signs showing on gantries and plenty of people were ignoring the advice.
Hope this helps the curiosity :wink: :unamused:

dazaster:

truckman20:

whats the betting a car came flying down the slip rd and pulled out infront of the lorry?? im sticking £25 on it

Well as theres no slip road within 2 miles either side of it , hand over that 25 wedge dude :grimacing: or , better still , Give it to a charity of your choice or Air Ambo :wink:

Could be a driver who had a sudden medical issue…

dazaster:

truckman20:

So your saying the truck driver bottled it then?