Bit of help please. what are these hanging straps

Some of our curtainsiders have load restraining curtains and bars

Not had the pleasure of using them, so I really wouldn’t be able to give any advice, you go by what the manufactures guide lines are and you use them how your company has shown you…

nick2008:

Lee1976:

Swampey2418:
Someone told me during my training, when loading and securing a curtain sider, you should treat it just like them same as it was a flat bed…All the curtains do is keep the weather out…

Some of our curtainsiders have load restraining curtains and bars so there’s no need to strap anything. Basically treat it like a box

please en lighten me…the bars stop forward and rearward movement do they

Two stacks of blues are placed at the rear to stop any rearward movement. That’s the Morrisons way…

Lee1976:

nick2008:

Lee1976:

Swampey2418:
Someone told me during my training, when loading and securing a curtain sider, you should treat it just like them same as it was a flat bed…All the curtains do is keep the weather out…

Some of our curtainsiders have load restraining curtains and bars so there’s no need to strap anything. Basically treat it like a box

Two stacks of blues are placed at the rear to stop any rearward movement. That’s the Morrisons way…

I’m on about In the curtain where do you place the bar :question:

nick2008:

Lee1976:

nick2008:

Lee1976:

Swampey2418:

Could be a floor to celing bar system as used in fridge trucks. No good for sideways movement in a curtain but will stop forward/backward movement.

EDIT: scrap that, I’ve just read it again and it sounds like side bars - but I thought Morrisons mainly ran boxes?

m1cks:

nick2008:

Lee1976:

nick2008:

Lee1976:

Swampey2418:

Could be a floor to celing bar system as used in fridge trucks. No good for sideways movement in a curtain but will stop forward/backward movement.

EDIT: scrap that, I’ve just read it again and it sounds like side bars - but I thought Morrisons mainly ran boxes?

If its side bars like Tesco, they have a strap that runs front to back with buckle loops where you then use internal x straps to secure…i cant see anyway a bar would be of any use in a curtain…

Thought Morrisons ran box trailers ? haven’t seen a curtainsider

Swampey2418:
Thought Morrisons ran box trailers ? haven’t seen a curtainsider

prob only the odd one or two we had some at Safeway, Sainsburys etc for picking up the likes of pop that were side loaded

er darn ere in Somerset them er Morrison fellas they seem to be having dozens of curtains I see’s um most days even them twin deck things

nick2008:

Lee1976:

nick2008:

Lee1976:

Swampey2418:

There are four movable vertical bars and five horizontal bars that run the whole length on each side. The horizontal bars are dismantled and the vertical bars moved to one side for loading/unloading.

We do mainly run boxes/fridges but have curtainsiders for coca cola, crisp, bread and paper mill runs.

is that Gregorys by chance where the side bars fit in a locker inside the headboard of the trailer :question:

nick2008:
is that Gregorys by chance where the side bars fit in a locker inside the headboard of the trailer :question:

Still waiting :unamused:

nick2008:

nick2008:

Morrisons, not Gregory’s.

The side bars on our curtainsiders can be stowed in compartments underneath the trailer on both sides

Lee1976:

nick2008:

nick2008:

The side bars on our curtainsiders can be stowed in compartments underneath the trailer on both sides

didn’t know Morrisons did paper :question:

nick2008:

Lee1976:

nick2008:

nick2008:

didn’t know Morrisons did paper :question:

Yes, all the compacted cardboard/paper that we collect from stores is loaded onto a trailer and taken to the paper mill

Someone ought to consider doing a tutorial video and charging for it, bound to be popular.