Bit of an eye opener maybe

switchlogic:

cgscott:
Moronic.

That’s ironic coming from one of the forums chief morons

Absolutely

Carryfast:

switchlogic:
Blimey, is it any wonder company’s struggle to find decent drivers when some think that is a hard day!

• ish 1.We don’t know what he’d done before the last bulk drop and what time he’d started.Given a reasonable start time and maybe only a drop or two before the last one and enough driving time left I’m well up the road to Welsh Wales by finishing time. :laughing:

Come on Carry this is second time you’ve agreed with me recently! People will start to talk at this rate :wink: :smiley:

cooper1203:
I got talking to an artic driver yesterday at one of my drops near tooting. he had to tip 6 or 7 pallets there then go to erith to be fully loaded then be at wrexham for 7 in the morning. bearing in mind that it was just gone midday when we were talking i felt bad for the guy. I thought I had it hard when i had to do just under 300 km the other day in my (planned) 10 hour shift

is this the sort of time constraints and distances regularly faced when tramping

With truck driving there’s these things called drivers hours and when you’re not engaged in break/rest/other work you basically spend all the other time driving.

If you’re expecting to spend that other time sunbathing, walking in the countryside picking flowers etc then to be honest truck driving probably isn’t for you.

switchlogic:

cgscott:
Moronic.

Sorry big man. Il crawl back under my rock. Absolute tally whacker that you are. Ive seen your videos. Id chew you up and spit you out. King of the road types like you are the reason noone parks in a motorway services. So they dont have to hear all your ■■■■■■■■ stories.

cgscott:

switchlogic:

cgscott:
Moronic.

Sorry big man. Il crawl back under my rock. Absolute tally whacker that you are. Ive seen your videos. Id chew you up and spit you out. King of the road types like you are the reason noone parks in a motorway services. So they dont have to hear all your [zb] stories.

Chalk this one down as a nibble :laughing:

cgscott:

switchlogic:

cgscott:
Moronic.

Sorry big man. Il crawl back under my rock. Absolute tally whacker that you are. Ive seen your videos. Id chew you up and spit you out. King of the road types like you are the reason noone parks in a motorway services. So they dont have to hear all your [zb] stories.

Oh dear. :neutral_face:

Own Account Driver:

cooper1203:
I got talking to an artic driver yesterday at one of my drops near tooting. he had to tip 6 or 7 pallets there then go to erith to be fully loaded then be at wrexham for 7 in the morning. bearing in mind that it was just gone midday when we were talking i felt bad for the guy. I thought I had it hard when i had to do just under 300 km the other day in my (planned) 10 hour shift

is this the sort of time constraints and distances regularly faced when tramping

With truck driving there’s these things called drivers hours and when you’re not engaged in break/rest/other work you basically spend all the other time driving.

If you’re expecting to spend that other time sunbathing, walking in the countryside picking flowers etc then to be honest truck driving probably isn’t for you.

A bit harsh maybe mate.
Maybe the lad has a bloody good job himself and he’s comparing it with the cluster ■■■■ of excess hours and teararsing about that the rest of us are expected to do. :bulb:

Btw if you say truck driving probably aint for me either, …you’re probably right tbh. :neutral_face:
I saw the light about 10 to 15 yrs ago when it turned from an enjoyable job, to a ■■■■ rat race of crap.
Did not have the sense then to knock it on the head, so got stuck in a rut :blush: , but I spend most of my time keeping my swede down,.and still trying to make the best out of it,.and it’s working.
(Btw…still ain’t tried to work out if that guy’s job is doable. :blush: :smiley: )

Own Account Driver:

cooper1203:

:laughing:
Now awaits I get bored/tired driving.I need to be doing plenty of ‘other work’ like working in the warehouse or office or spending lots of time loading and tipping and shifting stuff around for people doing local multi drop. :unamused:

Or possibly I want his job why doesn’t he leave so I can apply for it because he knows it’s too much for him. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

robroy:
A bit harsh maybe mate.
Maybe the lad has a bloody good job himself and he’s comparing it with the cluster [zb] of excess hours and teararsing about that the rest of us are expected to do. :bulb:

Btw if you say truck driving probably aint for me either, …you’re probably right tbh. :neutral_face:
I saw the light about 10 to 15 yrs ago when it turned from an enjoyable job, to a [zb] rat race of crap.
Did not have the sense then to knock it on the head, so got stuck in a rut :blush: , but I spend most of my time keeping my swede down,.and still trying to make the best out of it,.and it’s working.
(Btw…still ain’t tried to work out if that guy’s job is doable. :blush: :smiley: )

Blimey Rob there are class 1 drivers having to do 100 + drops in London with a van or a 7.5 tonner or spending most of their day doing ‘other’ duties and a few miles driving and you think it’s too much to be told to get a full load to Wales by 7 am starting off from London in the afternoon.
He also didn’t say he’d be sacked if he didn’t arrive exactly on time.

As soon as anyone mentions distance bulk drops or full loads that’s a winner and quality work before you even start the job.Summer evenings and early mornings are a great time to be out on the road driving across the country.

So you’re telling me about multi drops eh CF?
From a guy who has never tramped to me, a guy who used to pick up drops from Belgium and Lux, start in Yorks after getting off the Hull boat, continue numerous drops covering up to Scotch, pick up the Stranraer ferry and continue same drops right down N & S Ireland.
Aye cheers for that, but I know all about multi drops thanks mate.
(Don’t want a medal or a Blue Peter badge either before you ask, just answering your point.)

On the other hand if you had read my posts, I said in both of them I had took the o/p on face value, because basically I could not be arsed to work tacho times out on a job I would not be doing,.and oh yeh…because I was in middle of multi drop work around Cornwall and Devon.
Just saying like. :wink: :neutral_face:

robroy:
So you’re telling me about multi drops eh CF?
From a guy who has never tramped to me, a guy who used to pick up drops from Belgium and Lux, start in Yorks after getting off the Hull boat, continue numerous drops covering up to Scotch, pick up the Stranraer ferry and continue same drops right down N & S Ireland.
Aye cheers for that, but I know all about multi drops thanks mate.
(Don’t want a medal or a Blue Peter badge either before you ask, just answering your point.)

On the other hand if you had read my posts, I said in both of them I had took the o/p on face value, because basically I could not be arsed to work tacho times out on a job I would not be doing,.and oh yeh…because I was in middle of multi drop work around Cornwall and Devon.
Just saying like. :wink: :neutral_face:

So you’d obviously understand the ‘benefits’ of a job that says get this full load to Wales by around 7 ish tomorrow morning from London in the afternnon assuming you’ve got the hours to get it done. :bulb: :wink:

At face value I’m going with Green Eye by the OP here rather than incredulity.

Thought I had it tough last night with one drop and one collection and THEN got asked to run a trailer up to the workshop round the corner for a repair, oh the horror :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

So CF wants this tramper who remember only parks with toilet facilities to hand, to have a late start locally, with one or two drops before Tooting. So we’ll put him at either Clacket Lane or Cobham Services and give him for example B&Q Croydon and one other in the same Beddington Farm Industrial area,…….

For a typical late start we’ll say a 7 or 8am start, it doesn’t really matter which but we’re not going for a Dozy special : parked up for 14 or 15 hrs to suit the job.

It’s about 45 minutes to Croydon from either Cobham or Clacket Lane. There are 19 to 20 pallets to tip given the OP’s post. Since we know he is at Tooting at 12.15 and it is 1/2 hr to there from the Croydon area it doesn’t matter how long the tips took and really all the above doesn’t matter either anyway, not what he did nor where he started if we give him to 8pm with hopefully enough driving time in the day to do it.

………Or specially to suit CF we’ll have Cobham overnight, B & Q Leatherhead then B & Q Croydon. The total driving time will be about the same at around 45 minutes to Croydon and ½ hr to Tooting.

So we’ve got him ready to go at Erith and through the tunnel at Thrurrock at 4 having had a full 4.5 hrs driving available and 200 miles to go, with the motorway running out at either Telford or Keele. We’ll even expect him to take a full 45 minute break while he’s loading. So he finally gets his nosebag at 2.30. That gives him 15 minutes to open the curtains, secure 26 pallets properly and then close the curtains. Even if he opens them while he was waiting that ain’t happening. I think there’ll be loads of TNUK members loving the idea of watching you attempt to do it. This means that if he is not getting a 45 at Erith he has to take at least a 30 en route which makes it even more unlikely to get him to Wrexham by 8pm, nor with 11hrs off will it get him there in the morning.

So show us how you get him there with time to spare and without using a 9 hr rest period. All the times I’ve used have been on the optimistic side. If you’re overnighting him tell us where and don’t forget to add in time for his vehicle checks in the morning.

cgscott:

switchlogic:

cgscott:
Moronic.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Nice try :wink: Nicely maintaining chef moron tag you worked so hard for, keep going :wink:

robroy:

cgscott:

switchlogic:

cgscott:
Moronic.

Oh dear. :neutral_face:

I do find these lads who give it out but can’t take it back rather entertaining. :smiley:

I also liked-

cgscott:
Ive seen your videos.

Only to say-

cgscott:
King of the road types like you are the reason noone parks in a motorway services. So they dont have to hear all your [zb] stories.

Therefore making it very clear he really hasn’t. Or is confusing me with someone else. I just hope he’s better at driving than posting for everyone’s sake, as he doesn’t seem the brightest button in the box :smiley:

I can’t be the only one who’s liking this new "edgy " Switch can? A brush with death will do that; it’ll make you less keen to suffer fools.

cav551:
So CF wants this tramper who remember only parks with toilet facilities to hand, to have a late start locally, with one or two drops before Tooting. So we’ll put him at either Clacket Lane or Cobham Services and give him for example B&Q Croydon and one other in the same Beddington Farm Industrial area,…….

For a typical late start we’ll say a 7 or 8am start, it doesn’t really matter which but we’re not going for a Dozy special : parked up for 14 or 15 hrs to suit the job.

It’s about 45 minutes to Croydon from either Cobham or Clacket Lane. There are 19 to 20 pallets to tip given the OP’s post. Since we know he is at Tooting at 12.15 and it is 1/2 hr to there from the Croydon area it doesn’t matter how long the tips took and really all the above doesn’t matter either anyway, not what he did nor where he started if we give him to 8pm with hopefully enough driving time in the day to do it.

………Or specially to suit CF we’ll have Cobham overnight, B & Q Leatherhead then B & Q Croydon. The total driving time will be about the same at around 45 minutes to Croydon and ½ hr to Tooting.

So we’ve got him ready to go at Erith and through the tunnel at Thrurrock at 4 having had a full 4.5 hrs driving available and 200 miles to go, with the motorway running out at either Telford or Keele. We’ll even expect him to take a full 45 minute break while he’s loading. So he finally gets his nosebag at 2.30. That gives him 15 minutes to open the curtains, secure 26 pallets properly and then close the curtains. Even if he opens them while he was waiting that ain’t happening. I think there’ll be loads of TNUK members loving the idea of watching you attempt to do it. This means that if he is not getting a 45 at Erith he has to take at least a 30 en route which makes it even more unlikely to get him to Wrexham by 8pm, nor with 11hrs off will it get him there in the morning.

So show us how you get him there with time to spare and without using a 9 hr rest period. All the times I’ve used have been on the optimistic side. If you’re overnighting him tell us where and don’t forget to add in time for his vehicle checks in the morning.

Why does he need to start at 7 am assuming one or two drops and tipped at Tooting by 12.30 either way ?.
Why does he need to get to Wrexham that same evening I’m not saying that’s going to happen.I’m saying close enough to finish the run early next morning ?.
How long do you think it takes to get from Erith to Wrexham. :confused:
So we’ve got around 15-6 hours total from loading up to arrival time take daily rest and break out of that.
I’m guessing that the guvnor isn’t planning on not taking a reduced daily rest period here.
I’m also guessing it can be more than 9 hours though.
I’m also guessing the 7 am arrival time isn’t set in stone.
I’m guessing something along the lines of Erith to Hilton Park services.
Then Hilton Park to Wrexham.
Break is obviously going to be wherever most convenient and according to the clock.
No one said tachos are easy to work with.

the maoster:
I can’t be the only one who’s liking this new "edgy " Switch can? A brush with death will do that; it’ll make you less keen to suffer fools.

Ha, I’m glad! Yup, when you’ve been so close to breathing your last I’ve found that pretty much nothing anyone can say now will get to me, though it’s funny when people try, and other than those you love nothing at all is worth worrying about for even a second, and yeah I do find it fun puncturing these lads inflated egos :smiley:

switchlogic:

the maoster:

Ha, I’m glad! Yup, when you’ve been so close to breathing your last I’ve found that pretty much nothing anyone can say now will get to me, though it’s funny when people try, and other than those you love nothing at all is worth worrying about for even a second, and yeah I do find it fun puncturing these lads inflated egos :smiley:

Mate, I’ve lived a full life and have come close more times than I care to remember and I agree 100% that it kinda shapes you. I decided many moons ago that my cause of death was most certainly NOT going to be stress, therefore I take the ■■■■, joke around and smile more than is probably healthy! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

As somebody posted i guess its a case of “green eye” on my part. Generally speaking i have a set route with 7 - 12 drops/collections. Some are the same places every day some I do once a week some are occasional. I have a boss that doesn’t treat me like an idiot no matter how stupid my mistakes or questions and very occasionally a pallet might be heavy (500 kg) I have a good repore with the goods in staff at the drops.

My future plan is maybe get a class one and go tramping. Have read comments from the more sensible members on here that i think do that i was interested to see if the original question was a day in the life of a trampper or just a bad day.