Bit of advice plz

Hey lads just something is puzzling me people say ur max working week is 60hrs but if I do 3x15 and 2x13hr days that’s more than 60hrs ? So does that Just mean you can’t go over 60hrs other work or duty time ? And if I do 2x13hr days and 3x15 hour days can I work a Saturday and how many hrs ?

Cheers ste

POA :wink:

It’s 60 hours driving or other work.
POA and rest do not count towards your weekly maximum but have to be counted for your maximum daily hours.
Just remember you can do 60 every week as you have to average a 48 hour week in a reference period.

ste_leeson:
Hey lads just something is puzzling me people say ur max working week is 60hrs but if I do 3x15 and 2x13hr days that’s more than 60hrs ? So does that Just mean you can’t go over 60hrs other work or duty time ? And if I do 2x13hr days and 3x15 hour days can I work a Saturday and how many hrs ?

Cheers ste

The maximum working time in a week is 60 hours, working time does not include breaks or POA, so if you book lots of breaks or POA it’s legally possible to do far more than 60 hours in a week.

Whether or not you could work Saturday will depend on how many hours working time you’ve done.

Cheers lads :slight_smile: and can I do that every week 3x 15 and 2x13 ? And am on containers I get lots of breaks in :stuck_out_tongue: ano about 24hr off every other week and 45 the next but if you max your hours out do yu need 45 off cos yu can’t work a Saturday?

ste_leeson:
Cheers lads :slight_smile: and can I do that every week 3x 15 and 2x13 ? And am on containers I get lots of breaks in :stuck_out_tongue: ano about 24hr off every other week and 45 the next but if you max your hours out do yu need 45 off cos yu can’t work a Saturday?

You couldn’t do that every week as you can only have 3 reduced rest periods in a fortnight.
If you have a iPhone (not sure if its in android too) download the Tachodisc app. It has a easy to understand chart explaining all your hours and WTD

So if I do that on say week one yeh? What can I do the next week only 13hr shift ?

If you’re maxing your hours every week I don’t see how you can have a 45 hour weekly rest period every second week and a reduced weekly rest period every other week.

When do you pay back the compensation for the reduced weekly rest periods ?

Am not maxing my hours out every week am just trying to find out what to do it I do max them out

m1cks:

ste_leeson:

You couldn’t do that every week as you can only have 3 reduced rest periods in a fortnight.
If you have a iPhone (not sure if its in android too) download the Tachodisc app. It has a easy to understand chart explaining all your hours and WTD

3 reduced rest periods in a fortnight :confused:

I don’t know whether you’re talking about daily or weekly rest periods but either way it’s wrong.

So wud 5 13hrs duty time be ok to do ? And every other week have 3 reduced rests of 9hrs?

ste_leeson:
So wud 5 13hrs duty time be ok to do ? And every other week have 3 reduced rests of 9hrs?

You can have 3 reduced daily rest periods between two weekly rest periods, I’ve no idea where this idea of three times a fortnight came from.

tachograph:

ste_leeson:

You can have 3 reduced daily rest periods between two weekly rest periods, I’ve no idea where this idea of three times a fortnight came from.

Because I misread it
“Between any two weekly rest periods” became “between any two weekly periods”
Pitfalls of being tired I’m afraid.

So how can you do say 2x15hr shift a week then if you have done 2 the week before ya can’t can ya cos like you say it’s once a fourthight you can reduce down to 9hrs rest and it has to fit into a 24hr day. But this is legal isn’t it week one 5x13hr shifts week 2 3x13hr and 2x15hr shifts then week 3 4x13hr shifts and 1 15hr shift then it starts again? Ano goin on I jst wanna understand this more

Cheers

ste_leeson:
So how can you do say 2x15hr shift a week then if you have done 2 the week before ya can’t can ya cos like you say it’s once a fourthight you can reduce down to 9hrs rest and it has to fit into a 24hr day. But this is legal isn’t it week one 5x13hr shifts week 2 3x13hr and 2x15hr shifts then week 3 4x13hr shifts and 1 15hr shift then it starts again? Ano goin on I jst wanna understand this more

Cheers

As tachograph has already pointed out, a driver may have 3 reduced daily rests between any two weekly rests - that is not the same as 3 per week because per week refers to the fixed week which is sunday midnight to sunday midnight whereas between weekly rests could be say from Wednesday to Tuesday for example

There are certain rules to which the fixed week applies and other rules to which between weekly rests applies
Knowing which applies to what is the key to know if something is legal or not

The RTD (WTD) rules are based on the fixed week

But aslong as am gettin 11hrs rest and only reduced down to 9hrs in them 3 week that’s alrite isn’t it?