Bit of advice needed

I signed up with an agency last week and worked friday night and last night. i woke up today to a phone call from a firm called Zeva stating they would be paying me for the agency. the agency never once told me this is how i would be getting paid and to tell the truth i dont want to be paid by an umbrella company. do the agency have to pay me by this means or can i demand otherwise seen as i was never told in the 1st place?

to top it off to i have been sent an email from zeva stating they are paying me milage and meal allowances for mon,tues and weds last week when i only signed up with the agency on thursday!!!

The agency do not have to pay you though umbrella they only do it so they can charge you for doing there office work, if they have put in writing they are fiddling the tax by paying mileage and meals for before you started you will get anything you want or send details to tax man.

no they can not force you to go ltd/umbrella although a lot of them try to, name and shame!

mac12:
The agency do not have to pay you though umbrella they only do it so they can charge you for doing there office work, if they have put in writing they are fiddling the tax by paying mileage and meals for before you started you will get anything you want or send details to tax man.

yeah i was with another agency that done things that way hense the reason i dont want paying this way. what do you mean by the part in bold mate?

What I mean is the tax man will be very interested in an agency that is paying tax free money out when you didn’t work for them, may be worth mentioning that to your agency to see how willing they are to keep your mouth shut

to be honest mate av had a phone call from a firm offering me atleast 4 weeks work thats really well paid and day shift so just want paid for the hours av done with no fuss or making threats to anybody.

Good luck getting through to anyone at the tax office, let alone find anyone remotely interested in umbrella schemes. I tried asking them about a company the agency I was with last year was going to start using. Not only do you go around in circles trying to find the correct person to ask, it takes ages to even get on the system, when you do speak to a real person they just came up with the usual “not my department” quote. Most of the time you will be on for about five mins before you get cut off saying for more info look on the website.

Is it redline? Or DDR ventures as their parent company is called.

no its neither of them companys mentioned mate

simmy:
I signed up with an agency last week and worked friday night and last night. i woke up today to a phone call from a firm called Zeva stating they would be paying me for the agency. the agency never once told me this is how i would be getting paid and to tell the truth i dont want to be paid by an umbrella company. do the agency have to pay me by this means or can i demand otherwise seen as i was never told in the 1st place?

to top it off to i have been sent an email from zeva stating they are paying me milage and meal allowances for mon,tues and weds last week when i only signed up with the agency on thursday!!!

You can only be paid through an umbrella company if that company has a special dispensation in place with HMRC, just ask for a copy.

Last year Reed lost a 160 Million pound case against the HMRC for operating an illegal umbrella company.

Start here if you are interested in the law and not just waffle from your agency:

hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/eimanual/eim30050.htm

simmy:

I assume you read ALL the paperwork the agency gave you when you signed on the dotted line for them ■■ … erm …maybe not, if you did read it, you`ll be the 1st to do so
Because no doubt somewhere in the paperwork you signed, you will have also signed up for Zeva

this is why agencies are hated amongst a fair few drivers, it does my head in yes we can make a bit more together if you go ltd or umbrella but dont just force people give them the choice!

registered an older chap last week who was asking about it but no point he didnt pay ni and only wanted a couple of days a week.

wish hmrc would go after the smaller mickey mouse ones and close them down (mind you they will just open up in another name a day later).

When I worked for an agency I had the option to go either PAYE umbrella or Self employed / LTD all have there advantages if you know haw to work it properly

peirre:

simmy:

I assume you read ALL the paperwork the agency gave you when you signed on the dotted line for them ■■ … erm …maybe not, if you did read it, you`ll be the 1st to do so
Because no doubt somewhere in the paperwork you signed, you will have also signed up for Zeva

yes i read all paper work i sign mate only a fool doesnt. the agency turned round and told me i should have picked a leaflet up that was sumwhere in their office to which i replied i shouldnt have to go rutting round an office to find out how im paid i should be informed at the time of signing up! anyways i have just recieved a txt off zeva to say how much they will be paying me this week!!! ■■■■■■ off is a bit of an understatement at the minute and the agency have fobbed me off saying they will call me tomorrow as they are on their way home