Bit of a stupid question but hey ho

I was listening to the radio an i heard something about Age discrimination is against the law now by employees.
So shouldn’t this go out to those people who have passed C+E and are looking for jobs 21+ isn’t it against the law for a company to refuse them due to Age?

Maybe this is me being stupid lol.

Think you may find that they’re not being discriminated due to age Joshh, rather because of inexperience, two totally different things.

Age discrimination still exists though Josh. If a bloke goes for a job and the company have an age in mind, a bloke who is 10 years older or younger will probably just fail at interview stage.

It just prevents companies advertising for a 24 year old blonde with a firm pear :stuck_out_tongue:

No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer.

As the moaster stated, it’s about experience. True, experience comes with age and so there is some crossover but put yourself in an employer’s shoes if me and you were to go for a job which involved, say, driving to Italy with groupage. I have done that probably 200 times so he would be bound to feel that I was the better person for the job, the safest person to trust with his kit. That’s just human nature.

Look mate I will swap my licence and experience for your age anytime! :wink:

Harry Monk:
No such thing as a stupid question, only a stupid answer.

As the moaster stated, it’s about experience. True, experience comes with age and so there is some crossover but put yourself in an employer’s shoes if me and you were to go for a job which involved, say, driving to Italy with groupage. I have done that probably 200 times so he would be bound to feel that I was the better person for the job, the safest person to trust with his kit. That’s just human nature.

Look mate I will swap my licence and experience for your age anytime! :wink:

Rightio cheers fella’s for the replys!
aha it is good being young tea made for you every night and everything bought for you lol

Joshh:
aha it is good being young tea made for you every night and everything bought for you lol

Dont forget the washing as well fella!

Bonus of being a student as well mate :laughing: :grimacing: :laughing: