bit help please

i recently bought a tomtom go 7000. when i asked if it was the truck version i was told it was, yet when i got it home and worked out how to select a truck, after ive selected it i get an error saying ‘the current map does not contain truck attributes. Truck routing can therefore not be supported. Car routing will be applied’. im pretty clueless with these type of things so was wondering if there is 2 different versions of the tomtom go 7000, 1 that does and 1 that does not support trucks. i got the unit for £140 so thought i was getting a bargin!

any help will be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Welcome to Trucknet UK simmy :wink:

As far as I know the Tomtom truck is software that will go on most Tomtoms, it’s the Tomtom operating system (Navcore) and map that makes it Tomtom Truck and Tomtom Truck is part of the Tomtom Work software.

As you can select the truck details presumably you must have the correct Navcore installed on the devise but you are not using the correct map.

I’m not familiar with the Tomtom 7000 so can’t really say how to do it but I suggest that you check to see if you have more than one map on the devise and if not contact the seller … if you can :wink:

hi, thanks for the reply and the welcome :slight_smile:. i’ve checked the maps and theres only 1 installed which is just the united kingdom and rep of ireland. i tried getting intouch with the guy i bought it off and he’s just ignoring my calls. looks like im going to have to pay for the truck map unless anybody could help in getting them another way?

What map version is it? Check by pressing the bottom right of the screen where the speed and time are, then just above the done button it says version press that, then look for the map number, it should be 3 digits then a . Then 4 digits

thankfully ive managed to get a truck map installed now mate, would of been a nightmare if i didnt manage tho. had my longest drive ive done in a class 1 so far lastnite. sunny south shields to palletways in birmingham. got totally messed around when i was down there but it will be worth it when i get my pay packet next week :grimacing:

shoulda got a snooper s7000 truckmate

whats the main differences mate? i could probs sell this 1 on now for a little more than i paid for it.

its got a 7" screen so its pretty darn big.
proper digital tv on it aswell (decent picture)

its pretty much a small computer.

i know where you can get a uk n ireland one for £285

i paid £325 for my european one

gogzy:
its got a 7" screen so its pretty darn big.
proper digital tv on it aswell (decent picture)

its pretty much a small computer.

i know where you can get a uk n ireland one for £285

i paid £325 for my european one

Where :open_mouth: