Birmingham truckstop "if you call it that"

picked up a copy of the new truckstop guide from highways agy… very good.
i was coming through brum the other day 5.30 pm… looked in my book and saw brum ts. feeling hungry i made the 30 min detour … could not work out the entrance and saw a couple of rats with a suit case and asked the way in , the rats replied in there mate… were off its to dirty for us…!!
anyway i got greeted with a noddy holder lookalike in a hi viz… oh here we go… i said im not parking the night just having something to eat…well his response was thats no good for us if your not parking you cant eat…yer thats the brains of the outfit… so spun aroumd and went leaving him in dust… anyway up the road i phoned the so called ts… spoke to the owner and explained why is it i can not eat in your place if i dont park… he said that he is not running a charity… but if you pay £5.00 parking you get a £3.00 off your meal…yer i thought it as well im talking to the chuckle bros… so i said yer but if i dont park and buy a meal for £5.00 you up …he didnt grasp it poor sod… and they wonder why the car industry is pulling out of the area… good advice dont go there …

Always amazes me how greedy they are about parking fees in UK. Perhaps running costs are more expensive here ?

Best thing I can suggest around there is when you come off the M42 for the A45, instead of heading to that hole, turn towards Coventry down the A45. Take the 1st exit (A452) head towards Lemington Spa/Warwick, over the 1st Island then get into the outside lanbe after about 1/2 a mile and Lincoln Farm Truckstop is on the right.

If you just want a meal its free to park, or I think it’s £7 for overnighting with a money off voucher.

i had the misfortune of spending a night there on thursday and darren had a lucky escape.
i arrived at 21.00 hrs, a few parking spaces left - paid my £5 but wasn’t told there was anything back on it.
went for a couple of beers to find the bar is a throwback to the seventies - it was like walking onto the set of life on mars - a small bar area up some stairs which was the entrance to a larger nightclub type scene with the centre piece being a pool table, beer was cheap though - i think they saved some money on washing up liquid for the glasses - £1.90 a pint it tasted ok too but i made sure my second went into the same glass as the first (only one chance to get hepatitus that way).
showers were ok albeit they were the electric type, toilet a bit scummy in the shower rooms and the seat was broke which to me seems a waste of time trying to balance on it if it keeps sliding around so i took it off - next morning it was back on again so someone obviously likes a bit of a dance while dropping a load or maybe they put it on so they could wee on it - who knows?
went for breakfast and decided a cup of tea was about all i dare manage - in short i don’t think i will be stopping there again - even if my delivery point is right next door let alone just 3 miles away like this time.

definately not for the faint hearted.
3 out of 10.

I agree with you Johnny, i stayed there a fortnight ago, never again
The barman was going to have a fight with some tramp looking man,
teenage girls drinking there with nice choice off language,
As you say its a put back to the 70s, like a scene from life on mars.
I will never use the place again, we need a ex driver to be a MP {minster],and get these truckstops sorted.

I like Birmingham truckstop, there are normally some very friendly and helpful girls in the bar.

that reminds me of when i pulled into wolverhampton t.s.
before i could stop…there was some old hag at the door…are you looking for business she asked…yes i am ..let me park first…her face was a picture…so when i had parked…and turned everything off…i got out the cab…right darling i said …where is the backload fromi dont know what your talking about
well you asked me if i was looking for business, and i am looking for business...a return load..thats the only business im looking for.. oh…i thought you wanted ■■■......so as i walked away ...i said.. you couldnt afford to have ■■■ with me…ha ha ha ha

Henrys cat:
Best thing I can suggest around there is when you come off the M42 for the A45, instead of heading to that hole, turn towards Coventry down the A45. Take the 1st exit (A452) head towards Lemington Spa/Warwick, over the 1st Island then get into the outside lanbe after about 1/2 a mile and Lincoln Farm Truckstop is on the right.

If you just want a meal its free to park, or I think it’s £7 for overnighting with a money off voucher.

addy taken from Yell.com
Lincoln Farm Transport Cafe
Kenilworth Rd, Hampton-in-Arden, Solihull, West Midlands B92 0LS
Tel: 01675 442301

thanks