Birmingham and black country firms

leylandlover:
They may be trouble ahead, :laughing: :laughing: :lol :unamused:

It’s Punchy Dan’s fault for posting the Leyland Marathon!

The ERF in Qualcast colours is just how our tractor unit was when we bought it.THA 270G.

Not in Black Country but near enough,

Punchy Dan:

Wow I remember that BSC Wolverhampton mandator one of two,remember the drivers also ran a couple of rigids

[attachment=0]IMG_0780.on the weighbridge at Wolverhampton

A Smiths of Madiston Foden, my screen ain’t the best so can anyone decipher the name on the door, it looks like Morris and it says Handswoth Birmingham so next question, does anybody know were the depot was please?

14724517_772846572856275_8632136735499706494_n.jpg

Sankey’s Bilston, loading one of Frank Burton’s ERF’s,

Highfield Haulage, Bilston,

pyewacket947v:

Gauden Shepherd sold out to Chris Kelly in 1980’s,

I think their yard was close to Colin Parsons.Have you seen his TK tipper Pete.Does some shows with it.

leylandlover:
I think their yard was close to Colin Parsons.Have you seen his TK tipper Pete.Does some shows with it.

Sheperds yard is now were Colin Parsons is, halfway down Mucklow Hill going towards Halesowen,next to what is left of the old Dudley No2 canal, Cheer’s Pete

One for Robert, Doyle Demolition Birmingham,(pic off e-bay),

pete smith:

Cheers Pete! Robert

robert1952:

pete smith:

Cheers Pete! Robert

That was a quick tip!

Anybody know who has this motor now?

One of Foulkes Scania’s Trev H (RIP) worked on when employed by B+W Motors at Wolverhampton

pete smith:
One of Foulkes Scania’s Trev H (RIP) worked on when employed by B+W Motors at Wolverhampton

UVP 40H was supplied to James Hare of Kings Norton.
It arrived with its York/Welford tandem tipper in primer.
Jimmy painted the whole thing at Sturge Chemicals at Lifford.
I never went to B+W while they where in Wolverhampton but paid a number of visits after they had moved to Pensnett

jfgh13.jpg

jfgh12.jpg

pete smith:
Top Pop’s Crown Street Wolverhampton, It’s lonely now Trev H and Saviem have departed , need to do some recruiting!

Worked at Top Pop’s around 72/73 they had an ERF, a Leyland Buffalo,and a D SERIES Rigid,at that time. Had my first night out {i was 16} loved it

itshim:

pete smith:
Top Pop’s Crown Street Wolverhampton, It’s lonely now Trev H and Saviem have departed , need to do some recruiting!

Worked at Top Pop’s around 72/73 they had an ERF, a Leyland Buffalo,and a D SERIES Rigid,at that time. Had my first night out {i was 16} loved it

Any photographs?

A few of Joseph Foulkes, Atki has been on before,

1455193_10202451723718750_772487145_n.jpg