BIRDS TRANSPORT

Hi all i am after some pics of birds transport trucks , i am after early scania 141 / 142 / 143 , volvo fh or f10/12 if they had any , mercedes actros or any other early truck they ran , hope someone can help ■■?

Andy

Cant help with the older stuff but i think the early 4 series toplines looked nice, i think they had some of the first 4 series toplines in the country… including IXI 530 (scania 144.530 topline) which i believe was a prototype test truck…

birds top.JPG

roadcruiser:
Cant help with the older stuff but i think the early 4 series toplines looked nice, i think they had some of the first 4 series toplines in the country… including IXI 530 (scania 144.530 topline) which i believe was a prototype test truck…

Just need to look there’s a site full of photo,s somewhere on TN

IXI530 was always andy levetts truck when i was working there. the company was founded by his mum and dad,del and graham levett.I drove a 113 143 124 144 and 164 scanias an 1857 actros then a 1846…also got to drive a 52 reg pre poduction 1846 MP2 actros which was the only rhd one in the world at that time which was given to birds to put some miles on it as we were doing a lot of the mercedes factory work uk germany uk…In pre production guise the only difference was they built it with out interior cupboard doors using nets to secure the contents which we hated and this got changed before full prodution.did have a lot of fotos but they got lost over the years

I remember when they were based in Titford rd. Oldbury, they ran red Scania 80/81’s at that time haven’t seen any photo’s of them though.

Trev_H:
I remember when they were based in Titford rd. Oldbury, they ran red Scania 80/81’s at that time haven’t seen any photo’s of them though.

Hiya… just go to google key in images and then birds transport you’ll get 10 photo.s no problem
John

europleb:
IXI530 was always andy levetts truck when i was working there. the company was founded by his mum and dad,del and graham levett.I drove a 113 143 124 144 and 164 scanias an 1857 actros then a 1846…also got to drive a 52 reg pre poduction 1846 MP2 actros which was the only rhd one in the world at that time which was given to birds to put some miles on it as we were doing a lot of the mercedes factory work uk germany uk…In pre production guise the only difference was they built it with out interior cupboard doors using nets to secure the contents which we hated and this got changed before full prodution.did have a lot of fotos but they got lost over the years

Hi europleb , interesting comments from you ,i believe the original IXI 530 was an N reg ,however i think that number has been used since on another Birds topline , an 04 reg R580,i didn’t realise this one was the boss sons , i think the first time i came across the (N reg)it it was parked on the perimeter at one of the truckfest events…
I can remember Birds buying the 1857 mercedes they were featured in the truck magazine mercedes adverts , think it said they had bought about 14 R/S reg’s ,i can remember seeing a german registered one Birds gmbh as well ,not too sure how many of these there were?.. i can also remember Birds having another mercedes which looked a bit different,YU52 WFS… from memory i think the front grill was different i feel sure it was a 6x2 tractor unit though ,and an 1846 would be a 4x2 …

One from Bob Hobbs site www://transportphotos.com
DNC00312.jpg

They are now part of Montgomery.

roadcruiser:

europleb:

Hi europleb , interesting comments from you ,i believe the original IXI 530 was an N reg ,however i think that number has been used since on another Birds topline , an 04 reg R580,i didn’t realise this one was the boss sons , i think the first time i came across the (N reg)it it was parked on the perimeter at one of the truckfest events…
I can remember Birds buying the 1857 mercedes they were featured in the truck magazine mercedes adverts , think it said they had bought about 14 R/S reg’s ,i can remember seeing a german registered one Birds gmbh as well ,not too sure how many of these there were?.. i can also remember Birds having another mercedes which looked a bit different,YU52 WFS… from memory i think the front grill was different i feel sure it was a 6x2 tractor unit though ,and an 1846 would be a 4x2 …

the 52 plate pre production MP2 may one well have been a 6x2 being a uk spec model i cant remember.all the 1857s were indeed R and S reg all except one that they delayed putting on the road anx was a T reg and was driven by the legand bag house john.the 570s were a mare lots of teething trouble and had the awful coloured seat trim that made your eyes hurt

Heres one courtesy of the internet

birds 111.JPG

TRANSCON ANDY:
Hi all i am after some pics of birds transport trucks , i am after early scania 141 / 142 / 143 , volvo fh or f10/12 if they had any , mercedes actros or any other early truck they ran , hope someone can help ■■?

Andy

Hi TRANSCON ANDY] just browsing some of these older posts, remember when they used to turn up at the truck racing, found this one of Birds on a B plate, Cheers Chris.