Birds of prey.

Anyone else noticed the birds of prey hunting near the south end of the m40 & m1? Dunno what type they are?

Also find it amusing to see the Apache attack helicopters scoping down there. Let’s hope they don’t get itchy trigger fingers!

They are not armed when they go on exercise Mate. Mind you I wouldn’t mind going up in one and having it armed up and taking out the ■■■■■ on our roads when on exercise! :smiley: be able to take Bee Chris out and make our roads a much safer place :wink: :grimacing:

The birds are Red Kites which are slowly spreading across southern and eastern England after being reintroduced a few years ago

You see some fantastic birds of prey up Scotland especially the further north you go. I’ve seen Eagles and Falcons with wing spans like a jumbo jet :open_mouth: I love watching them hunt and swoop down. Was parked up for the night in a field where I was tipping electric ducting the following morning and a falcon was out hunting and stalking, I was mesmerised for about a good 40 mins watching him hovering in the air like an helicopter on the look out for his tea :slight_smile:

Around High Wycombe is the best place to see the Red Kites. I think some were released or bred in the area years ago. They are slowly spreading out.

I got told in tesco that the apaches are from vosa and they Bluetooth your card as they fly over if your running bent they shoot :slight_smile:

Mark22_2:
Around High Wycombe is the best place to see the Red Kites. I think some were released or bred in the area years ago. They are slowly spreading out.

You can partly blame me for that, i did a conservation project to reintroduce them when i was at school

bradthinks:
I got told in tesco that the apaches are from vosa and they Bluetooth your card as they fly over if your running bent they shoot :slight_smile:

Really? I’d better be careful then. I mean, if you heard it at Tescos waiting room, it got to be true! :smiley:

i see birds of prey all over the Uk, they just sit on the wooden fences at the side of the motorways waiting for some easy dinner of road kill to save their energy hunting for it.
They look chilled out and seem to be spotting all the traffic going by.

They are Red Kites which are not birds of prey but are carrion feeders like vultures.

Beautiful animals.

I one went to a place in mid Wales, Gigrim Farm, to see the red kites. There’s a feeding centre there, never seen anything like it. Thousands of them. A few buzzards too. Well worth a run out.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
They are not armed when they go on exercise Mate. Mind you I wouldn’t mind going up in one and having it armed up and taking out the [zb] on our roads when on exercise! :smiley: be able to take Bee Chris out and make our roads a much safer place :wink: :grimacing:

nice to see your a nice fella as ive never done anything to YOU

He speaks!

Have you seen the entire five page thread that’s dedicated to you?

You plonker.

Contraflow:
He speaks!

You plonker.

Yeh, he’s built up quite a fan base :laughing:

robroy:

Contraflow:
He speaks!

You plonker.

Yeh, he’s built up quite a fan base :laughing:

Forget Eddie spotting. It’s all about Bee chris spotting :sunglasses:

nickyboy:

Mark22_2:

You can partly blame me for that, i did a conservation project to reintroduce them when i was at school

They are now “relocating” them from Aylesbury and High Wycombe to other ares as there are to many !!!

And have you seen the piles of ■■■■ that they drop under there favourite perches ? , hell its a pain to clean up .

toby1234abc:
i see birds of prey all over the Uk, they just sit on the wooden fences at the side of the motorways waiting for some easy dinner of road kill to save their energy hunting for it.
They look chilled out and seem to be spotting all the traffic going by.

VOSA :laughing: :laughing:

PaulNowak:
I one went to a place in mid Wales, Gigrim Farm, to see the red kites. There’s a feeding centre there, never seen anything like it. Thousands of them. A few buzzards too. Well worth a run out.

My mum feeds them on her shed roof! Apparently, if you are going to feed them, don’t feed them in the morning, as it makes them lazy and they don’t go looking for their natural food!! She normally has about 25-30 and to see them swoop down at very close quarters is simply, amazing

Actrosman:
She normally has about 25-30 and to see them swoop down at very close quarters is simply, amazing

We have seagulls here on the coast and to have them swoop down is scary.

bradthinks:

Ahh, but where do they draw the line? 15 mins over & they strafe you with the gatling or an hour over & they lock on & let fly with a Maverick? :laughing: