Bird nearly took my eye out!

Was driving down a winding A road doing around 50 mph minding my own when all of a sudden BANG ! WACK on the side of my head :open_mouth: , feathers everywhere a bird come out of know were and koshed throw the window witch was only about 4 or 5 inches open at the time. I lose control of steering of a moment just out of sheer shock and was lucky there was no traffic around.

My hart was going a good one for awhile after that. It smacked the side of my head with some force bearly missing my eye. Strange thing was all the little feathers floating slowely all round the cab in the moments that followed. I got alot of dirt and grit in my eye witch must have come of the birds feather witch made my eye red as hell and water for ages.

Got me thinking if it had just been another couple inches the other way I could of lost an eye or had a bad smash from it ! :frowning: Has anyone had this happen to them ? its made me think twise about ever opening the window ever again.

Penance for doing 50 when 40 is the max.
Was it a â– â– â– ?

One of our night drivers had a bat fly in a couple of months ago, apparently the lads were too scared to coax it out when he got back and eventually it went it’s own way .

a bird once kicked me in the nuts…made BOTH my eyes water !! :laughing:

Suedehead:
Was it a â– â– â– ?

yes this is quite true, but it was a slightly down hill road… :sunglasses:

bald bloke:
One of our night drivers had a bat fly in a couple of months ago, apparently the lads were too scared to coax it out when he got back and eventually it went it’s own way .

lucky it did leave, if there found to be sleeping anywhere that place becomes protected ny law and is not to be moved, demolished or tamped with in anyway

I never drive with windows down, and that was just as well 20 odd years ago. Driving east down the M4, towards Newport, I drove through a massive swarm of Hornets … :open_mouth: the grill and radiator were full of the ■■■■■. I dread to think what would have happened if my windows would have been open…

Baldbloke, was your mate on the way to Gotham city driving a Bat mobile double decker full of penguins for the Joker.
Best regards Uncle Albert.

I was stuck by a pheasant whilst out on my motorbike It glanced off my helmet visor Luckily there was no other traffic and I kept it shiny side up I hate to think what could have happened though :open_mouth:

a scally kid hit me with a tomato when I was delivering in Glasgow some years ago and I ended up with a fractured skull…it was still in the tin at the time… :laughing:

Suedehead:
Was it a â– â– â– ?

:laughing: :laughing:

dieseldog999:
a scally kid hit me with a tomato when I was delivering in Glasgow some years ago and I ended up with a fractured skull…it was still in the tin at the time… :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Out on a twisty back road many summers ago I had a bee come in and zap me on my cheek bone. Left his sting in there too, had to pull over and pluck it out.

If a Bird nearly took your eye out either
A don’t take her out again or
b treat her better next time :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: time to leave :blush:

Well this is one you could not make up,

Many years ago my late brother was coming down the M1 at about 70mph+
in a company car - think it was either an Astra or a Cavalier,

Suddenly, a swan came straight towards his windscreen, he ducked, it went a bit dark and the bird came through the front screen & out the back window.

He said there was blood, glass & bits of Swan everywhere, Made a right old mess.

Lucky he ducked (excuse the pun) & kept it straight, He was covered in blood & guts but could have been a whole lot worse

dieseldog999:

Haha (sorry :blush: )

Suedehead:
Was it a â– â– â– ?

Just aswell it wasnt a great â– â– â–  that would have hurt lol

a bird crapped on my windscreen once …that was the last time I took her out in my motor :blush:

^^^you owe me a new laptop :laughing:

jrt:
My hart was going a good one for awhile after that.

You hit Bambi as well?

A few years ago a friend of the family was cruising on his motor bike down the A47 towards Norwich, he was hit in the chest by a pigeon and suffered a heart attack. He had all the correct leathers on as well.