Bio Fuel

For quite some time i’ve been trying to find a way of making bio diesel.
I know there are quite a few ways of doing it, And it’s usually made with vegtable oil.
It is a long drawn out process, So i thought there’s got to be an alternative.
Like buying a bit of this and that, sticking it in a tub, giving it a shake, then bobs your uncle.
I had some success, but there was a drawback. The stuff i made wouldn’t mix with the diesel already in the tank.
It’s lighter than diesel.
Has anyone else had a go at DIY diesel?
Have you had the same sort of problems?
there must be something i can add to it to make it blend together.

on a plus note though, i accidently made bio petrol at 38 pence per litre.
but i don’t own a petrol anything. :laughing:

Elaborate on the bio petrol lol. My motor runs on petrol.

And just buy cherry, just don’t get stopped by the plod.

what are you planning to run on your bio diesel? nearly all modern or modern-ish common rail stuff doesn’t like it. it doesn’t provide the same lubrication to the high pressure pump as denzil, which leads to premature failure of the pump and injectors. and quite a bit of older stuff will happily run on straight veggie oil. just mix in a little bit of petrol ( i used to use contaminated petrol from misfuelled motors)in the winter to help preent waxing.

my last motor was a 1.9sdi caddy. discovered (accidentlally) that it would run on roughly a 70/30 mix of petrol/diesel :laughing: 2 years of loverly cheap motoring :laughing: just ask in your local dodgy recovery outfit if they’ve got any contaminated fuel they want rid of