Bin lorry driver jailed

birminghammail.co.uk/news/m … o-15465860

This was a seriously dangerous manoeuvre, a manoeuvre impossible to complete
He jailed him for three years and four months and disqualified him from driving for five years and eight months.

My opinion = What a joke of a sentence especially for a professional driver

I agree.

It’s a horrendous junction though. I was in there last week and getting out wasn’t good at all.

Not sure what benefit there is to any more. He didn’t see the bus, might have been chatting to the crew, just one of those things.
It didn’t sound good with previous conviction but seems to be he hit someones wing mirror which TBH driving a bin lorry stuff like that happens. Guessing he drove off but someone got the reg or something does seem weird they’d prosecute for something so trivial.

He didn’t see the bus, might have been chatting to the crew, just one of those things.

Really, would you be saying that if your daughter had been killed because some driver failed to give way, failed to see a minibus and ploughed into it? :imp:

Given what happened in Glasgow with a bin lorry it gives me a cold chill to hear about incidents with them

On the same day Nadine samuels in court she gets 8 months for killing a cyclist .

thesun.co.uk/news/7828046/s … crash/amp/

fingermissing:
On the same day Nadine samuels in court she gets 8 months for killing a cyclist .

Just don’t bloody add up does it. If I ever kill some poor bugger, I hope I only get eight months. :angry:

Own Account Driver:
Not sure what benefit there is to any more. He didn’t see the bus, might have been chatting to the crew, just one of those things.
It didn’t sound good with previous conviction but seems to be he hit someones wing mirror which TBH driving a bin lorry stuff like that happens. Guessing he drove off but someone got the reg or something does seem weird they’d prosecute for something so trivial.

Beggars belief sometimes this forum…

andyvxr:
Given what happened in Glasgow with a bin lorry it gives me a cold chill to hear about incidents with them

I believe it was on the run up to Christmas albeit a few year ago now.
Totally tragic.
After killing six innocents you would have thought he may have had a little remorse.
Yet no!!!
A total disregard for life.
theguardian.com/uk-news/201 … w-incident

fingermissing:

She looks more manly than some of the men I know!

There but by the grace of God go I. Now I realise this forum is populated by Driving Gods, drivers of unparalleled skill who’ve never made a mistake in their entire career. But us mere mortals who are prone to lapses in concentration, missing stuff in the blind spot or just quite simply ■■■■■■■ up without reason will withhold judgement.

How close we all are to a spell in the clink!

Nite Owl:
There but by the grace of God go I. Now I realise this forum is populated by Driving Gods, drivers of unparalleled skill who’ve never made a mistake in their entire career. But us mere mortals who are prone to lapses in concentration, missing stuff in the blind spot or just quite simply [zb] up without reason will withhold judgement.

What sort of attitude is that? It’s what I would call NOT taking responsibility for the job you are doing. When you drive a truck (a dangerous weapon in the wrong hands) you have to be responsible for your actions. IE, driving responsibly which includes giving way at give way signs and using the correct observation and obeying the highway code.
Of course we are all prone to mistakes but some make far more than others. This is why we have to pass a test and supposedly we should improve as time goes on by constant learning and not becoming complacent as an awful lot seem to do. Stop making excuses for being a bad driver.

andy288*:

Rubbish but that all depends on how you drive.

jakethesnake:

andy288*:

A split second of misjudgement could have that outcome for anyone but that all depends on how your outlook is I guess! :unamused:

andy288*:

jakethesnake:

andy288*:

A split second of misjudgement could have that outcome for anyone but that all depends on how your outlook is I guess! :unamused:

Yep supppose that is true but again more so with some than others.In 40+ years of lorry driving I never once thought I may go to jail and I would like to think if I had had a big accident it would not have been my fault. Thankfully I was never involved in any big accident.
But the way some drive now I suppose there is big possibility it could happen to them any day. Whether they even realise that though I am not really sure TBH.

andy288*:

jakethesnake:

andy288*:

No, nothing to do with your outlook and more to do with the way you drive■■?