Bikes, Bikes and Bikes

Hi Folks

Just been in the shed and got my bike out, oh how I’ve missed it over the winter. I have a Yamaha FZ6 2004, not the biggest or the fastest bike out, it’s comfortable, it was cheap to buy and cheap to maintain, it’s reliable, pretty fast compared to most cars ( 60 odd mph in first gear :sunglasses: ) I have put a double bubble screen on it, added a (controversial) Givi rack and top box, a K&N air filter, Bridgestone BT023 front and rear tyres, and I’m thinking of getting a new rear can, something loud :blush:

I use it as much as possible, I’m going to try using it to work, see how it works out as at my current job there isn’t really anywhere I can leave my gear, don’t fancy carrying it all around in the truck with me, plus all the other places I’ve worked there was “solo motorcycle parking” bays that were under cover, not out in the open.

My riding gear is a white flip front HJC helmet with internal sun visor. A Weise jacket with elbow and back protectors, so far it has been outstanding 100% waterproof (usually wear a hi-viz jacket on top). A cheap pair of trousers (really need a new pair) good thing about them is - knee AND hip protection, waterproof except from the crotch :frowning: I have a separate pair of waterproof over trousers. Spada boots and Spada enforcer gloves, the gloves are 95% waterproof and have a wiper blade on the left glove thumb… very handy, but they are quite thick and not so good in summer :frowning:

Any other guys or girls on here bikers? If so upload a pic of your machine lets have a look and if you have any gear that has served you well let us know… :grimacing:

2013-06-13 14.16.56.jpg

I’m an all year biker the only thing that keeps my bike In the she’d is snow and ice :slight_smile:
I usually change bikes every year or so just for something different and had quite a few from tourers to super sports and even had a mighty 650 Burghman super scoot, but my current bike I cannot bear to change it and it’s the first bike that ticks every box for me It’s a 2003 VFR Fi1 maxxis tour tyres front and rear which I highly recommend for all weather riding but they can get squirmy with heat and pushed hard ie track days. I spent quite a bit on it with better pads for stopping power, a Givi Wingrack with 3 boxes a solo seat cover and a nice can which sounds awesome.
Gear wise most of mine is RST I find them cheap for what you get and last a good while, I have a caberg helmet can’t remember the model but it’s the one with removable chin section and although it’s noisy (not as much as flip front) it’s a great helmet and has great visibility.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397501579.857971.jpg

Double post sorry.

That’s a nice bike, I was much the same, only went in the shed when the snow fell, but I had a scary moment approaching a round about at about 2am on 5th December a few years back, might have been a patch of ice, front wheel went, no idea how I saved it but I did. Ever since then, when it starts going into the minus, the bike gets put away.

What kind of can is it? Have you got a tank cover/protector?