Biker video

[zb] hell!
derehamtimes.co.uk/news/vide … _1_3757629

The need for asterisks shows that you tried to used a banned word.
The rule is… type whatever you want, then leave the auto censor to do its work. dd.

Gone viral, seen it from a few places tonight.

A girl I went to school with died on the A55 in 1982 when an old geezer pulled out like this. She was riding pillion and the guy driving the bike survived, but blamed himself for riding too fast.

Every single bit of advice ever given to bikers when approaching a junction he was ignoring.

Straight section of road with good visibility. Too fast, no anticipation, ■■■■ poor observation and no concept of the possibility that others may not have seen him.

A perfect example of how to have no idea how to ride a motorcycle defensively.

He paid the ultimate price for his stupidity, sadly.

Watched this video 3 times tonight, shocking every time. It’s sad that many people’s lives have been shattered. For an experienced rider, he was riding like a complete idiot. It’s a shame the car driver has been prosecuted for it as that could happen to anyone. I guarantee very few people would have seen him coming that fast.

That is horrendous. I nearly jumped out of my chair when he impacted, and my heart started pounding.
He really was riding much too fast for the road situation and it has to be said that he could have easily caused the deaths of others by his over exuberance. Very sad. RIP mate. :frowning:

Agreed, he was a timebomb if he rode like that all the time, but to see it in real time and know the consequences is pretty horrific.

Apart from riding slower, how can a biker avoid accidents like this??

Born Idle:
Agreed, he was a timebomb if he rode like that all the time, but to see it in real time and know the consequences is pretty horrific.

Sadly, it’s more use as a stick to hit motorcyclists with than it is to help road safety.

Most drivers that watch it will put themselves in the position of the car driver and say how dangerous and disgraceful motorcyclists are.

The biker was a ■■■■. But so was the car driver. Both at fault here. But the biker should know that most car drivers are blind and stupid. So he was more to blame, from a practical point of view, if not a legal one.

bazza123:
Apart from riding slower, how can a biker avoid accidents like this??

You answered your own question.

By anticipating the driver will pull across the front of him and riding at a speed that will allow him to stop in the distance he can see to be clear. In this instance he MUST assume thatthe car is going to pull into his path and be prepared to stop. All the evidence is there that the vehicle is intending turning across the front of him, long before it hit him, He ignored all that evidence and continued to ride like he was on the racetrack.

Yes, he had right of way. But that is no defence against a car hitting you - as he found out.

SMIDSYs are everywhere. As a biker you assume every single other road user is going to be one of them.

Wow you really are a judgemental person. How can you speak like that ?

Tarmac duck:

Not really. Judgemental is overly critical. I just stated what happened and what he did wrong.

Would you like to defend his riding ability? The fact he was killed is very sad, but does not alter the fact he was very, very stupid.

Tarmac duck:

I assume you are directing that at Truckulent? If so I can’t quite grasp what you mean by your comment. As a life long biker I reckon he pretty much ticked all the boxes with his post.

Truckulent:
Every single bit of advice ever given to bikers when approaching a junction he was ignoring.

Straight section of road with good visibility. Too fast, no anticipation, ■■■■ poor observation and no concept of the possibility that others may not have seen him.

As a biker myself, my opinion is the only person who is acting with “stupidity” is you with comments like this.

Ok he was going too fast, however I wouldn’t say excessively fast and the car would have had no chance of getting out the way even if he’d been doing 60. How anyone can blame him for someone pulling out on his is beyond belief!

The amount of people who drive around ALL DAY, with their eyes closed! Half of the idiots can’t see a unit and 45ft trailer coming towards them let alone a motorcycle.

You say yourself “straight section of road with good visibility”.

NewLad:

Truckulent:

As a biker myself, my opinion is the only person who is acting with “stupidity” is you with comments like this.

Ok he was going too fast, however I wouldn’t say excessively fast and the car would have had no chance of getting out the way even if he’d been doing 60. How anyone can blame him for someone pulling out on his is beyond belief!

The amount of people who drive around ALL DAY, with their eyes closed! Half of the idiots can’t see a unit and 45ft trailer coming towards them let alone a motorcycle.

I would hazard a guess that if he was traveling at the speed limit he would be alive today. I do agree though that the car driver was also in the wrong. The gap between the silver car and the junction was quite long and he had admitted that he didn’t see the biker or the car. Now you could say he wasn’t looking but how many times have you come to a junction, looked one way, looked the other and then had one more look only to find something coming across your path causing you to replan your exit?

He was going fast, however, the same could happen at 50mph with the same outcome.

If you read it the biker was doing approx 97mph which is a bit fast on that road but it looked to be good conditions

The car driver should never have pulled a cross the path of the bike it also states that the car driver never seen the bike or the car behind him for that

I started riding bikes in the late 70’s still have 1 now

animal:
If you read it the biker was doing approx 97mph which is a bit fast on that road but it looked to be good conditions

The car driver should never have pulled a cross the path of the bike it also states that the car driver never seen the bike or the car behind him for that

I started riding bikes in the late 70’s still have 1 now

A bit fast? Try 40-50mph over the speed limit of that road.

Speed is not always a factor I had a low speed low impact accident many years ago on my bike done a lot of damage which I still suffer today badly

A good mate of mine had a high speed accident he walked away with dented pride nowt else

Radar19:

NewLad:

Truckulent:

I would hazard a guess that if he was traveling at the speed limit he would be alive today.

Really■■? I guess you’ve never been knocked off by someone not looking where their going before.

Many motorcyclists die in accidents <40mph even less so head on.

The only mistake he made was when the car started going across the road he went left (towards the side road and the front of the car), if he’d followed advice given in training he should have headed towards the middle of the road, hoping to miss the car as it pulled forward.