Big thank you to PSTT and Nick

First day of training.

The facilities are excellent and very clean, everyone is friendly and helpful.

Nick helped put me at ease and my first drive went very well, after doing 3 or 4 reverse manouvers on site.

I do have an advantage that I have been shunting trailers for a bit over a year so I am already used to how they turn and the size and I believe that has given me a good head start on anyone totally new to C+E.

I know people gush praise for PSTT but after seeing the place and being out today I have to agree totally. Worth it in my opinion.

I couldnt agree more mate.

Passed my c,c+e and mod 4 with PSTT and i honestly wouldnt recommend anybody else! Nicks a good guy and a great laugh too.

Good luck for test day!

He’s a sound bloke I passed my C+E after training with him with only 2 minors faults and it was a way better experience than I had doing my Cat C at a now defunct firm

Really pleased that I went with them no doubt.

Nick even said there is very little wrong with my driving and no reason why I should not be able to pass the test, he says I am more than capable.

Even though he took me round a tight left turn twice, first time no bother but second time got front wheel up the kerb very slightly but hey we all make mistakes.

Thanks for the kind comments and I’m glad you’re enjoying your training. It’s turning into the Nick Fan Club this week LOL!

Hope everything progresses as planned with a positive test result at the end of it.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Thanks for the kind comments and I’m glad you’re enjoying your training. It’s turning into the Nick Fan Club this week LOL!

Hope everything progresses as planned with a positive test result at the end of it.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Seems Nick has quite a few fans then lol

I guess he was taught by the master then to be as good as or better than the master lol

I guess he was taught by the master then to be as good as or better than the master lol

Don’t push it LOL!!!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Just to add there are other training providers and some probably as good as or much worse than PSTT.

When I did my class 2 it was in a horrid old Merc with a ropey gearbox, 2:1 tuition and no base to start at from memory can’t remember where we met up a pub car park I think from memory or at least it felt like it but it is quite some time ago, it wasn’t the experience I got from today by a long shot, I passed first time admittedly but it did not inspire me to recommend the company I did it with.

It was a 14 year old truck, it felt looked and smelled it, it was a dog, I then drove many dogs similar to it but a few years newer. People forget how easy it is to find a provider with decent trucks and not dogs and find companies that let them drive shiny new trucks rather than old dogs like it used to be.

From memory it was Redditch/Kidiminster way and I don’t remember going into Birmingham much and my test was at Hall Green test centre.

It did the job no doubt but it is so much nicer having a much more pleasant experience with my C+E, to put it in perspective, the cost was £750 back then for a weeks intensive course 8 hours a day, so half an hour more than with PSTT including any relevant fees theory and practical test, that was without the CPC. Actually I doubt we did any more than 3 hours actual driving each per day tbh between both trainees.

I passed today and with a clean sheet to boot, can’t get any better than that, pleased really is an understatement.

I would like to say thanks to Pete for great trucks and facilities, Thanks to Nick for being a great instructor and having the belief in me and making sure I had the belief in myself.

Thanks to Pete the examiner who was very patient with me when my head got a little confused and I had to take a moment and think about what I was doing.

Thanks to everyone on truck net who has commented and wished me luck etc and for the advice from everyone.

Lastly I would like to thank me for being just an all round bloody amazing bloke lol and modest too. :laughing:

simcor:
I passed today and with a clean sheet to boot, can’t get any better than that, pleased really is an understatement.

I would like to say thanks to Pete for great trucks and facilities, Thanks to Nick for being a great instructor and having the belief in me and making sure I had the belief in myself.

Thanks to Pete the examiner who was very patient with me when my head got a little confused and I had to take a moment and think about what I was doing.

Thanks to everyone on truck net who has commented and wished me luck etc and for the advice from everyone.

Lastly I would like to thank me for being just an all round bloody amazing bloke lol and modest too. :laughing:

OK, three threads! :open_mouth:
You haven’t won an Oscar you know! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

PMSL I think your my biggest number one fan lol

No seriously though I am so made up, and I really do mean it when I say thanks to everyone who had faith in me, it really helped me have self belief in myself but also felt like a huge amount of pressure to do it for everyone who had wished me well.

I have started coming down off my high now a little but I really felt like shouting it from the rooftops so I did lol

Lol you shouted it from the Cab before you even had your certificate in hand, thought you had gone into some weird rage incident at first, but for the second time today , well done.

davieg77:
Lol you shouted it from the Cab before you even had your certificate in hand, thought you had gone into some weird rage incident at first, but for the second time today , well done.

Expect he was still shouting when they drove him away in the sunshine bus! :grimacing:

davieg77:

Haha honestly I was so relieved to hear those words “I am happy to say you have passed” but then for him to say a clean sheet honestly I was just shocked and I think Nick was even more shocked lol

Nice to talk to you today anyway pal and good luck with yours.

Evil8Beezle:

davieg77:

Expect he was still shouting when they drove him away in the sunshine bus! :grimacing:

Haha your stalking me now I’m gonna send you a fan club sticker soon lol