Big thank you to chris

Finally got round to doing my class 1 refresher training today. I got a very high standard of training by pstt, think I ruffled Chris’s feathers a few times lol. But credit where it’s due, he remained calm and professional throughout.

Started off with a bit of reversing, straight line, then good side, then blindside. I’m like every new artic driver, they don’t call it the dreaded reverse for nothing. I nailed it in an empty yard with an instructor, but the real test is when I have to do it in a tight yard by myself. Then it was on to the coupling. Tbf it came back to me pretty quickly, no major problems on that front. Then it was on to about a 90 minute road drive. It was dodgy for a start, when I got used to the big red beast I started to smooth out. It’s not much different to driving a long rigid, we went round a few tight turns, I rubbed a kerb once (sorry Pete :blush: ) then after it felt like 5 minutes of driving, we headed back to the school. We did a couple more couples and uncouples, then Chris got me to reverse the unit into the garage to finish.

I can’t recommend Pete’s school highly enough, I wish I had originally done my class 1 with them, maybe I wouldn’t have left it so long before driving one for myself. I left full of confidence, I’m going to driver hire tomorrow, sad to say i’ll be sticking with class 2 work for a couple of weeks yet, I have a new phone on the way and I will be downloading co pilot truck for it (the xgody Sat nav I brought turned out to be crap) I’m not yet man enough to drive a juggernaut without a decent Sat nav, but as soon as that is sorted its class 1 work that I’m looking for.

Hope you’re ready for this Pete, the Mrs has decided she wants to do class 1&2 with you, rather you than me, I taught her to drive a car lol my work is done! See you at the open day :slight_smile:

Thanks for the kind comments. Pleased you enjoyed your day and I’m sure Chris will be available to train your other half!

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I don’t know what you’re paying Chris, but it’s not enough! Lol, the man has nerves of steel. He will need them to train Mrs jbaz73 :slight_smile: she is requesting him as her instructor following my experience! We are coming to the open day so she can see for herself :slight_smile: