Big Freight Systems Inc

BFS Update, The Final Conflict
What a result.
When I left Big Freight Systems Inc. they deducted money from my wages and should not have done but of course they knew best and the attitude from some there was disgusting to say the least, especially the driver recruitment manager, see my blog for full story.
I am not one to roll over and take it so I went to “Human Resources Canada”, a government department who investigated my case.
About 6 month ago they reached a decision that Big Freight Systems Inc were wrong to have deducted money “for training” from my wages and bonuses earned. They were ordered to repay money owed.
Big Freight disagreed and appealed against the decision but in order to appeal they had to first of all send a cheque for all monies owed to Human Resources made out to me.
They done this and an appeal hearing was set for 21st September 2009. Two weeks prior to this hearing it was cancelled and another date set for 28th September 2009.
On 26th September I received a call from the referee’s assistant to let me know that no representative from Big Freight Systems Inc would be attending the hearing and would no longer contest the decision and findings of Human Resources Canada. They had given authorisation for the cheque to be released to me.
It’s taken a long time and had not Big Freight behaved the way they had they would have got their money and that would have been the end of it but congratulations to the attitude of driver recruitment manager, thank you!!! :wink:

And just to follow on from the above, less than a week later the driver recruiter was no longer with the company :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing:

I’m sorry if I sound ignorant but why do these people advertise so heavily in the UK at great expense only to treat drivers like ■■■■ when the get there? What is the point of making promises that they can’t deliver? I bet they also treat their clients that they pull for like ■■■■ too. How they stay in business and make a profit defies logic.

They advertise heavily abroad, because the locals dont want to do the work. So they look for foreign drivers, who are quite happy to do the work… or thats the way the system should work. I applied to a few places and got a straight out refusal from them, which is quite strange as im a ‘local’ now and want to do the job… bunch of hipocrytes.

Warren T. Claim:
I’m sorry if I sound ignorant but why do these people advertise so heavily in the UK at great expense only to treat drivers like [zb] when the get there? What is the point of making promises that they can’t deliver? I bet they also treat their clients that they pull for like [zb] too. How they stay in business and make a profit defies logic.

They are a disgraceful company, the lies are just the tip of the iceberg, they view their drivers in much the same way that rich people view the hired help, I have a few friends still there & one has recently received a message on his sattelite warning him that if he kept exceeding the 1400rpm limit he would be brought in for ‘training’ (BTW the trainers consist of a preacher(really) who drove a milk tanker for 18months & a bus driver FFS) the thing was, my mate was in the mountains at 46 ton, I’ve no idea how you can not go over 1400rpm in those circumstances.

Also the chairman was recently interviewed along with the mayor of Steinbach, in the article he explained how his less experienced drivers get automatic trucks & that a few more experienced drivers are trusted with a manual, 90% of the fleet is auto & anybody on long haul gets an auto, so that got up a few peoples noses.

Their maintainance is a joke too, trailer wheels falling off, trucks with 250000kms needing king pins from lack of grease! Add to that the substandard equipment that you get to do the job with in the first place & you, like me, may be baffled as to how they have any drivers at all.

I enjoyed the first few months there, as it was all new & exciting, but then reality set in & I realised that it was without doubt the worst job I’d ever had.

I would still recommend it to anyone looking to get to Canada though, get in, get your licence & then get a proper job :wink:

newmercman:

Warren T. Claim:
I’m sorry if I sound ignorant but why do these people advertise so heavily in the UK at great expense only to treat drivers like [zb] when the get there? What is the point of making promises that they can’t deliver? I bet they also treat their clients that they pull for like [zb] too. How they stay in business and make a profit defies logic.

They are a disgraceful company, the lies are just the tip of the iceberg, they view their drivers in much the same way that rich people view the hired help, I have a few friends still there & one has recently received a message on his sattelite warning him that if he kept exceeding the 1400rpm limit he would be brought in for ‘training’ (BTW the trainers consist of a preacher(really) who drove a milk tanker for 18months & a bus driver FFS) the thing was, my mate was in the mountains at 46 ton, I’ve no idea how you can not go over 1400rpm in those circumstances.

Also the chairman was recently interviewed along with the mayor of Steinbach, in the article he explained how his less experienced drivers get automatic trucks & that a few more experienced drivers are trusted with a manual, 90% of the fleet is auto & anybody on long haul gets an auto, so that got up a few peoples noses.

Their maintainance is a joke too, trailer wheels falling off, trucks with 250000kms needing king pins from lack of grease! Add to that the substandard equipment that you get to do the job with in the first place & you, like me, may be baffled as to how they have any drivers at all.

I enjoyed the first few months there, as it was all new & exciting, but then reality set in & I realised that it was without doubt the worst job I’d ever had.

I would still recommend it to anyone looking to get to Canada though, get in, get your licence & then get a proper job :wink:

So you were sorry to see the driver recruiter go then Mark :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes Dave, I heard the delightful Mr M had gone the way of his mentor, didn’t sleep last night for worrying about him :laughing:

newmercman:
Yes Dave, I heard the delightful Mr M had gone the way of his mentor, didn’t sleep last night for worrying about him :laughing:

Its ok mate you can add him as a friend on facebook, I have but he ignored it :cry: :cry:

dave_lol66:

newmercman:

Its ok mate you can add him as a friend on facebook, I have but he ignored it :cry: :cry:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

newmercman:

dave_lol66:

newmercman:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Now working in client services with Canadian Trucking Magazine :open_mouth: Wonder who spent the most advertising with them :question: :exclamation: :open_mouth:

Oh and here he is :smiley: facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho … 1186960388