Big drugs bust on uk truck

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8073614.stm

If they were caught in Montpelier having loaded in Spain, then I would imagine that they had crossed the border at La Jonquera.

Anyone who drives on Euro work will or should know that ALL borders into France from Spain are absolutely crawling with Duane (Frog Customs), they would also know that the Frogs are inceasingly using mobile X Ray machines to scan the contents of a load. Additionally all routes from France to the Channel ports are equally well covered - it is very unlikely NOT to get stopped at some stage.

Now if these two guys knowingly tried to smuggle drugs into the UK via France from Spain, then they were either extremely naive, stupid or probably both and fully desrved to be caught and to suffer the consequnces.

If on the other hand, they loaded in good faith and are totally innocent of any crime, then I wish them all the luck in the World, they are goiung to need it. The Frogs work on the basis that you are guilty until such time as you prove yourself innocent in such situations. Lets hope for their sakes they are innocent and that they are beleived.

if anyone knows their families can you ask them to pm me. Having been through it I can give them very useful information.

Hombre:
Anyone who drives on Euro work will or should know that ALL borders into France from Spain are absolutely crawling with Duane (Frog Customs), they would also know that the Frogs are inceasingly using mobile X Ray machines to scan the contents of a load. Additionally all routes from France to the Channel ports are equally well covered - it is very unlikely NOT to get stopped at some stage.

I think I’ve been stopped by the the Douanes on the last five trips from Spain and the last time it was a huge affair with the scanner, a full turn-out of the cab, dogs, the lot.

I thought they might get stroppy about the amount of ■■■■ I had but in the end they waved me away.

Whenever I see a Douane car on the hard shoulder I think “here we go” and invariably, two minutes later I am having “suivez-moi” flashed at me in red dotty letters.

Whenever I see a Douane car on the hard shoulder I think “here we go” and invariably, two minutes later I am having “survive-moi” flashed at me in red dotty letters. You sure its not Jesus ?

Or you could have a red dotty sign in your windscreen saying.’ Chase me !’

harry:

That’ll be a 24 volt “Love Call” then… :smiley:

Do they still sell those things, haven’t seen one for years!

Harry Monk:

harry:

That’ll be a 24 volt “Love Call” then… :smiley:

Do they still sell those things, haven’t seen one for years!

I know ;I think le flick bought them all .LOL

Once bitten :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tay … 825915.stm