Big Crash Now @ Newark

xtruckerlady:

Cruise Control:

xtruckerlady:

Steve-o:
sorry but that cab didn’t get that much damage from shunting the rear end of that artic. To me that looks more like the front truck wasn’t moving and the gas truck slammed right into the back of it.

Is the problem just the speed limiters or could ‘cruise control’ be partly responsible? At the time the accident happened it would still be dark and because of that the driver could have misjudged the distance between himself and the vehicle in front, if he was on cruise control and not concentrating or if he was tired and falling asleep, late cancellation of c/c would equal carnage.

All you drivers, take care. No matter how badly a lorry is damaged it can be replaced - you can’t!

whoah there… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: i had nothing todo with that accident, i’ll have you know :exclamation: :wink:

Sorry, I read the message and not the name. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

dont worry :wink: :grimacing: it was a tounge in cheek comment.

anyway…back on topic:

are there not road works now at markham moor ex-roundabout and often tail back for a few miles :question: :question: :question:

Apparently there were 2 accidents one up nearer Tuxford when an arctic foreign im told but arent they always?, ran in to 2 lorries parked in a layby where the drivers were on a sleeping in their trucks and a car was involved in that one too.

The Gas lorry is a customer of ours who I had delivered to in the morning and the sda lorry was static and in the queue from the other accident when hit by the gas lorry im told the drivers legs are in a pretty bad state I do know that although the gas lorries are all old they are very well looked after but it was foggy apparently that day.

funkyfella:
i heard it was carnage on cambs radio boout 6 ish but nothing bout a crash tho ,

Doesn’t carnage mean big smash etc? Like crash written all over it? :laughing:

I hope everyone involved in these accidents are okay! :confused:

is that skelly thats parked in the layby just before markam more[northbound] with all the cones round it part of the accident, if so its took one hell of a whack to bend the back up like it has.

ady1:
is that skelly thats parked in the layby just before markam more[northbound] with all the cones round it part of the accident, if so its took one hell of a whack to bend the back up like it has.

Never get that far North mate but it sounds like the one.