Big brother is watching us

UK’s first ai camera in Devon and Cornwall has captured 300 offences from using mobile phones to not wearing seat belt eating etc.
Be warned big brother is watching UK’s first free-standing AI road safety camera catches almost 300 offences in first three days | RAC Drive

And yet when those YouTube numpties start recording a police station they get all ■■■■■ lol. I think they call themselves auditors on YouTube.

AI or non-AI camera, I can’t see it makes much difference.
Personally, I’ve got zero sympathy for anyone who gets caught on their phone while driving, it’s a f’in plague

Zac_A:
Personally, I’ve got zero sympathy for anyone who gets caught on their phone while driving, it’s a f’in plague

Have you any sympathy for anyone who takes a sip of water, or plucks an apple from their lunchbox and eats it?

A truck passed me yesterday,he the phone on tbe dash with facebook,it looked like.Theres no excuse for that but eating and drinking is not as bad,but I cant do any of those now because we are on camera

Zac_A:

I agree, but I ask myself in my natural cynical way…Is ‘road safety’ the main agenda as they claim, or a beneficial by product of the real reason. :bulb:
Ends justify the means is the obvious answer to that I suppose, but once we start believing everything we are told as being genuine,.we are all ■■■■■■ …ref Covid.a classic example of what I am saying. :bulb:

To get back on topic …driving without dc&a is nothing new, I remember going off with my Dad in the 60s,.when drivers had the newspaper read from front to back between Carlisle and Forton services.
Phones etc are just a modern version…bring on the pro camera posse repeating what they are told by their boss. :unamused: :smiley:

ezydriver:

Zac_A:

Have you any sympathy for anyone who takes a sip of water, or plucks an apple from their lunchbox and eats it?

If that “anyone” can’t use a bit of common sense and do their eating and drinking at times when they can be reasonably confident they can’t be seen, then no.

Trouble is ,on the m1 in Northamptonshire,there’s that many gadgets and boxes hanging off the gantries,you cant tell which is a camera or if it’s some other device or if it can see in the dark even.That,along with the cab cameras,just having a sip of costa,it’s become a major challenge

Sploom:
Trouble is ,on the m1 in Northamptonshire,there’s that many gadgets and boxes hanging off the gantries,you cant tell which is a camera or if it’s some other device or if it can see in the dark even.That,along with the cab cameras,just having a sip of costa,it’s become a major challenge

Another item to.add to the ever expanding list of reasons why no ■■■■ er in their right mind wants to take up this job anymore?

Sploom:

No need to single out any one particular road, it’s all much-of-a-muchness. Easy as pie to take your slurp of whatever after passing under a bridge or gantry etc. Most people get caught for most offences because they’re just not thinking, like these people getting caught out by the police HGV with one of them filming, if you’re too focussed on your phone call then of course you’re not looking in your offside mirror.

Ever since this incident happened pretty much on my doorstep, I’ve found most northern drivers I speak to are as much opposed to drivers using their phones as I am.
youtube.com/watch?v=UztJcUjGXbY

This system has been live for ages here in Australia. They have static over gantry and mobile ones … it’s pure revenue raising.

Yes,I seen that video.They played it on the cpc course,that idiot browsing dating sites while driving a truck.
He has to live with it.It must be terrible to wake up every morning knowing youve killed 3 people by being an idiot but its a good wake uo call for drivers to always pay attention

Sploom:
Yes,I seen that video.They played it on the cpc course,that idiot browsing dating sites while driving a truck.
He has to live with it.It must be terrible to wake up every morning knowing youve killed 3 people by being an idiot but its a good wake uo call for drivers to always pay attention

And yet it is still happening in the very same area - FYI, The place Spennymoor that is mentioned is not that far from Bowburn and the A1(M)
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-64800978