Big Brother is real

So, reading animal farm got me thinking.

I do fear that this big brother like government is becoming a reality.
What’s more it wont be forced on us. People will demand it.

I see people ‘ratting’ out fellow neighbours for breaking lockdown rules. For one.
People being shamed for not following the rules.

Now this is all in the name of safety. I get it but my concern is what will happen after the ‘lockdowns’ have ended. It does concern me that people seem to value ‘being safe’ far above having the freedom to do as you please. Now this may seem silly but if we go back to WW2 we could of left Germany alone. We could of said it is not worth millions of British dying. But we didnt. Freedom was worth far more than the safety of our population. We were willing to die for freedom.

I think that part of Britishness and the value of freedom is slowly being lost. People want a police state to a degree as it gives a false sense of safety.

An example? Well, If someone says something racist online or just something offensive they demand that said person is promptly arrested and charged. Which is often the right thing to do. But it is not always possible. Because people do not use their real names online.

So what could happen quite easily. Is that if you want to sign up to any website online. You will have to use your offical ID. Much like in China. In China you can not even play World of Warcraft without a Chinese citizenship card. So the state can effectively track your online movements easily.

I do wonder how long it is before the UK starts doing this in order to ‘protect’ people from harrassment.

There that is my rant. Feel free to rip me apart.

I would say it’s more 1984. Neighbours reporting neighbours for having visitors, those claiming benefits, putting their children in the wrong schools, checking the mot and tax on tradesmens vehicles or the vicars car.

The Stasi did that, do you know who your wife was talking to in the post office queue? Your daughters teacher or the vet!

They know all about you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it’s astonishing just how many people want the rest of us to live in some modern distopian version of 60’s and 70’s East Germany, they think it won’t apply to them of course being good little compliant citizens.
As we move increasingly rapidly towards the totalitarian state they demand and eagerly vote for they might just realise, too late, the state monster they allowed to monitor and control every aspect of their lives.

My suggestion for an experiment is to turn off the idiot box in the corner, silence every radio broadcast other than music, do not read or listen to anything from the mainstream media, in which i include the massive social media platforms.
Try this for just one month and see how you feel at the end of it, you may find you never return to the state media.

independent.co.uk/news/uk/h … 94907.html

youtube.com/watch?v=NqqvdtQXsfY
Man questioned for just filming in a town centre.

So many examples of police abusing powers

twitter.com/i/status/1354417928007987205
Man arrested for going to work and not giving his name to police.

This is quite a distressing video.

Scottish police stormed into a family home yesterday - on suspicion they had guests around… In fact their seriously ill daughter had just been discharged from hospital.

twitter.com/i/status/1347264640552759296

The man filming in the street gets one over on the fact hunt team :stuck_out_tongue:

I am waiting for someone to post, “If you’re doing nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about.”
When someone writes or says this I sigh and despair.

Gidders:
I am waiting for someone to post, “If you’re doing nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about.”

I agree that the standards of the British police are abysmal.

But this is not new. My own experience (beginning over 50 years ago!) is that the average policeman is rude and arrogant. They expect respect but offer none. Complaints rarely get anywhere as the police police themselves… Add to that the lack of any decent recruits in recent times means the standards seem to be diminishing. Politicians rarely see this as, obviously, the police are always on their best behaviour around their masters. So do not expect much to change soon. I can’t see that happening. As with so much in the UK the infrastructure of policing needs a good deal of attention.

Dipster:

Gidders:

I agree that the standards of the British police are abysmal.

But this is not new. My own experience (beginning over 50 years ago!) is that the average policeman is rude and arrogant. They expect respect but offer none. Complaints rarely get anywhere as the police police themselves… Add to that the lack of any decent recruits in recent times means the standards seem to be diminishing. Politicians rarely see this as, obviously, the police are always on their best behaviour around their masters. So do not expect much to change soon. I can’t see that happening. As with so much in the UK the infrastructure of policing needs a good deal of attention.

I dont blame the police.
Its the ministers that are the issue.

As it stands at the moment the police pretty much have free reign to do as they please. Because Ministers have basically give them any powers they feel they may need.
It is down to police to enforce the law and the government to decide how much power to give them and what the law is. As it stands right now, the lockdown rules are so vague that they are open to abuse.

Also I dont even fault the police for acting rude. I wouldnt want to do that job. As a truck driver. I only need to act ‘professional’ about 5% of the time. Near customers and near my boss.
A police officer is expected to act professional all the time and for a rather poor pay as well.
No surpise that the only people attracted to doing the job of policing are people who love to go on a power trip.

Gidders:

Yep, me too.
The standard answer by subservient brainwashed ‘borgs’ when the subject of in cab camers come up…how did we get to the point where people had attitudes of blind acceptance like this…it’s so ■■■■ sad.
As for the present state of affairs,.I dont subscribe to Covid conspiracies telling us that it’s all a sham to lead us into total control, but I will say that ‘they’ are definitely capitalising on the situation to further their agenda.
People start to embrace and actually ‘police’ all these ott rules without a second thought.
Example I was in Exeter services getting a coffee the other morning, negotiating my way walking around all the cordoned off parts,.and their designated pathways towards the counter.
(I do get the reasons why if the place is busy, but I was the only one in ffs) , so when I crossed over the line a woman in the next shop (an employee) shouted ‘Excuse me sir it’s one way’. :neutral_face:

Same at Knutsford, the spotty little 2hat at Gregg’s refused to serve me unless I walked back around the ‘proper way’…again I was the only one in. :open_mouth:

When I started driving,.I wont pretend that EVERYbody stuck together, (although most did) but certainly I can NEVER recall a driver ‘grassing up’ another driver,.where as today they freely admit it without a second thought.
Bosses love (and encourage).all this, classic case of Divide and Conquer,.and this is one of the main reasons this job has been reduced from an enjoyable free one, to a controlled croc of ■■■■.
Read the posts like… I’m forever ‘‘ringing in’’ these drivers who watch vids’’ for instance,.I get it their a danger and all the rest of it, but the Poice will never improve their performance as long as these ■■■■ s try and be wannabe police. :smiling_imp:

Why have attitudes changed as a generational thing?
Was it drip fed in schools, like the anti Union thing?..which also worked btw, read the posts.

I personally have a deep seated hate for these lower than a snake types, I’d gladly watch them burn, but that’s just me.

I think social media plays a big part, which is one of the reasons I ain’t I inolved in it, the less people know about me, the least harm these types can do.

How’s my driving 0800etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robroy:

Gidders:

Why have attitudes changed as a generational thing?
Was it drip fed in schools, like the anti Union thing?..which also worked btw, read the posts.

I personally have a deep seated hate for these lower than a snake types, I’d gladly watch them burn, but that’s just me.

I think social media plays a big part, which is one of the reasons I ain’t I inolved in it, the less people know about me, the least harm these types can do.

So many reasons, another one of one of which is the long march of the left through the institutions, communist/trotskyist students of the 60s and 70s steeped in wonderment at the Soviet Union where all were equal (those who survived Stalin might have told a different tale had they not been deplatformed) are now in charge of the institutions, and eagerly using communist methods of divide and rule and the politics of envy to force their version of utopia upon the rest of us.

Next they’ll be brainwashing children into betraying their parents for wrong think, didn’t some bod called Pol Pot set that fine example of wrong think cleansing, that along with getting other mindless drones to denounce neighbours friends and colleagues to the authorities in other wonderful communist wet dreamscapes, ie Soviet states including the fine example of comrades freedom that was east germany.

Before you know it children could be forbidden from playing with those from families with the wrong social credit score, maybe the undesirable or even deplorable ones could wear a badge to denote their status, be no shortage of volunteers to round up them and their parents and lock them up somewhere, maybe someone will come up with the idea of camps for those who don’t conform, no shortage of volunteers for such roles, look at any social media thread for ideal recruits for the Ministry of Truths new brownshirts.

Far fetched? maybe, but twelve months ago would you have thought people would grass on their neighbours, and walk around muzzled, people falling out with lifelong friends because they didn’t conform to the thoughts and action required of the day, its not enough to keep silent you have to be public in your agreement (and shaming of the non conformists), bit like cheering loudly enough for the dictator of the day in some far eastern totalitarian state that we are presumably using as a shining example of how we should strive to live.
Any thoughts what another 2, 5 or even 9 years of unceasing instruction from the idiot box in the corner and its mainstream media disciples will do to the phsyche of the proletariat, this started a long time ago when those 60s Trotksyists became teachers and university professors, and eventually ended up as the majority in institutions the media and govt, any ideas why such as the state broadaster recruits via the grauniad.

Pol Pots Children.

Whoever would have thought that Vegan Children would be calling the shots about our dairy farming industry and the future, they stopped us smoking, we cant send them down the mines or up chimneys any more!

Kids are being brainwashed at school but extremely liberal minded people.

I have a politics class at university. The lecturer does not even try to hide her contempt for Trump or Boris.
Same happened at college.

Teachers should be very careful about imparting their personal political views on students. Students should be presented with the facts and work it out themselves.