Big brother could soon be watching

was looking for something else when i found this on cm site, its the last bit thats the most worrying

Digital tachographs
Early in 2012, we should also have further clarification on the changes being proposed for digital tachographs that are due to come into force in 2017/2018. The recommendations surround the need to increase the security and therefore the trustworthiness of the digital tachograph, and include:
-Merging the digital driver card with the driving licence
-Extending the security encryption on both the driver card and vehicle unit
-Adding a GNSS (GPS) module into the tachograph to record the start and end point of a journey
-Incorporating functionality that would allow enforcement agencies to interrogate the digital tachograph remotely at the roadside without stopping a vehicle.
Proposals have also been submitted to allow members states to exchange information about driver cards. Revisions to legislation text and clearer definitions on the recording of daily and weekly rest for example, are also being discussed.

Impossible

bubsy06:
Impossible

Have a read of this then.

tachodisc.co.uk/ask/in-the-n … ober-2011/

fingermissing:

bubsy06:
Impossible

I think you may have missed the joke…

i retire End of August 2014

ShropsBri:

fingermissing:

bubsy06:
Impossible

I think you may have missed the joke…

I did very clever :laughing:

And…There was a pic on here somewhere of a Merc that was silver wrapped that Busby helped to design.(buggered if I can find it though)

Always remember If you are not doing anything wrong,you have nothing to worry about :smiley: says a scouser :smiley:

nomadicscouser:
Always remember If you are not doing anything wrong,you have nothing to worry about :smiley: says a scouser :smiley:

taken from Comrade Stalins big book of quotes :unamused:

wildfire:
-Incorporating functionality that would allow enforcement agencies to interrogate the digital tachograph remotely at the roadside without stopping a vehicle.

Good idea,

Coupled with:-

road-transport-technology.org/HV … per_22.pdf

and:-

Operator Compliance Risk Score

OCRS will be used at the roadside by VOSA examiners to identify which vehicles should be checked. VOSA examiners will have a small device known as the MCD or mobile compliance device into which they will key a registration number or operator licence information. OCRS will display information about the relevant operator, including OCRS scores. The scores will be shown as R (red), A (amber) or G (green) and as a numeric value of 0 to 10. VOSA may also use the data to prioritise investigations of those operators most likely to be operating outside the law.

means they will only be stopping them that needs stopping :slight_smile:

It wont bother me as I don’t drive fast enough or long enough to concern them :grimacing:

so why wont it bother you if your gonna cook a chicken, or maybe the foil is to cook a manifold lunch. :laughing: :laughing:

there laws there to be challaneged,
i hope these big companies like stobart or Wincantons challenge these laws, or proporsals as they are right now.

truckyboy:
so why wont it bother you if your gonna cook a chicken, or maybe the foil is to cook a manifold lunch. :laughing: :laughing:

Once everyone has digital tachos I can see each operator having to send VOSA their digitach data after a given period for each vehicle, say a month (assuming they haven’t sucked it out the tacho as the truck goes past). There will be no getting away with it then, as the onus will be on the operator to prove his innocence, not VOSA catching you being a naughty boy.

I’ve still not been shown how to use a digitach…more than 5 years after getting one. I know how to put it in (oooh Matron!) and switch modes, get printout and check how many hours I have left but the other functions mentioned on TNUK go over my head :blush: What I can do is self taught :unamused:

Muckaway:
I’ve still not been shown how to use a digitach…more than 5 years after getting one. I know how to put it in (oooh Matron!) and switch modes, get printout and check how many hours I have left…

That’s pretty much all you need to know. Unless there is an overnight ferry crossing to get to some of your quarries? :wink:

Coffeeholic:

Muckaway:
I’ve still not been shown how to use a digitach…more than 5 years after getting one. I know how to put it in (oooh Matron!) and switch modes, get printout and check how many hours I have left…

That’s pretty much all you need to know. Unless there is an overnight ferry crossing to get to some of your quarries? :wink:

Feels like it around Oxford some days…

The weigh in motion sensors could well come back to bite the planners in a way they didn’t think of. The whole bus industry etc. assumes that a passenger weighs 63.5 kgs, multiply that by the number of passengers and add to the unladen weight of the vehicle. This then comes inside the 16.5 - 18 tonnes or whatever, maximum vehicle weight; but frequently only just inside. Do the calculations again on a more realistic assumption of passenger weight, install the WIMS system in London particularly and the result could very well be extremely interesting.

hammer:
Once everyone has digital tachos I can see each operator having to send VOSA their digitach data after a given period for each vehicle, say a month (assuming they haven’t sucked it out the tacho as the truck goes past). There will be no getting away with it then, as the onus will be on the operator to prove his innocence, not VOSA catching you being a naughty boy.

Am I missing something cos I cant see a problem with this.

It may also help members like Kemaro who’s boss has only recently realised there are speed limits.

Stay within the law, what have you got to worry about?