Bibby Distribution

Hi Lads & Lasses,
I am joining Bibby as a Class 1 C+E Driver, what are they like to work for and any other relevant info on them generally.
Cheers,
Phil

Can’t really help but did a bit of agency work 2 1/2 years ago now and they didn’t seem too bad and they had pretty good kit and seemed to have plenty on. Good luck.

I see a lot on night pulling old MRS trailers. The units all look tidy.

What depot mate? they are very different.

They have some really really good jobs, and some ones where you have to bust your backside to get it done legally.

If you get a good job you’ll be doing 2hrs driving, whack it on a bay and go to sleep for 4 hours while you’re loaded then another 5hrs back to the depot.

The tough ones will be nasty little unmanned drops down unlit roads at night, with no signs as to which is the right warehouse, you’ll then have to tip yourself and load empties (normally more than you took off) and do that for anywhere between 4 and 10 drops.

Theres an awful lot of politics goes on in the offices and the drivers are rather used as pawns to the managers ends BUT they are a good bunch if you just keep your head down and do the work, they don’t bother you unless they have to and the kit is all changed every 3 years regardless and the spec isn’t bad. All man TGX 440’s now. Some depot’s you’ll get your own truck and nobody else will touch it, some it will be a different one every day.
Running legal is very important to them, if you go over your time by even a minute there’ll be paperwork to do to justify it, that goes for the 6hr rule too.
Doing your checks is just as important, only recently a driver was suspended for finding a trailer to be unroadworthy AFTER he hooked up to it and put it on the bay.

All in all they are a great bunch and as long as you get the job done and don’t take the mick I’d say it’s a good place to be employed, but they do have their little quirks!

Many thanks guys, I’ll be at the new contract running out of Halewood International in Huyton. Mick Farrell the contract manager seems to be a good guy. He wants daily checks done, which is fine with me as it’s my licence to lose at the end of the day, going to be running MAN TGX’s.
Stay Safe,
Phil

Used to do Devon & Cornwall out of Avonmouth many moons. Loved it, on rigid so not many cages.

No-one gave a ■■■■, used to take my bird and do some sight seeing. If I wanted some extra bunts I’d tell them a pallet had collapsed so was bringing it back, then negotiate extra to handball. “give you two hours extra pay” “make it four and your on”

Sorted :stuck_out_tongue: