Bg transport service ltd

bg transport.jpgCan anyone give more info on this company,I live in maltby nr rotherham but have no recollection of this firm.I came across this pic from lorries of the sixties i think,spoke to a few people from maltby but so far no pics,stories or whereabouts they parked up.Not sure if this pic was taken at rotherham road,maltby where butlers and tescos used to be,any info will be most welcome,paul.

Hi Paul, I remember them, my father used to work for Len Green’s on general haulage then went on to a box doing GEC work out of Swinton for them, after a few years BG transport came on to the scene the old man was offered a job with them at maltby later they had the Tinsley Tram Sheds where the old man was transport manager for a time, used to have Austins with orange cabs stainless boxes on, some with no name on &some with just BG or BG Transport. Cheers Mel

There was company in Edmonton called B.G. Transport back in 1973 and I think it is the same one. They had a little yard in a back street not far from The North Circular which was awaiting a slum clearance order I should imagine. Blue Dart Transport bought them out to take over their operators licenses and I remember that B.G.had a couple of Bedford pantechnicons and the registration numbers began with LED which I think was the old number for Warrington.

Thanks for the replies,hope someone has pics from other depots to add. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: