Bfi /ingram furness

i am after some info / photos of ingram furness and BFI wagons that were based here in the forest of dean at the old edwards transport yard after it was used by renwicks. theres nothing coming up on searches on the web except 1 pic of a BFI iveco. anyone shed some light on this?

May be something to do with David Lawrie not sure of the spelling but he took over Ingram Furness along with a host of others in the south W D Hilary E E Witchard all from Hampshire.
I was only knee high so Iam not 100% sure but I think he took over lots of firms & they all vanished.
The work & transport manager from Ingram Furness from New Milton ended up with Jimmy Alford in Southampton I think called Border Transport
Cheers
Rich

tribsa:
May be something to do with David Lawrie not sure of the spelling but he took over Ingram Furness along with a host of others in the south W D Hilary E E Witchard all from Hampshire.
I was only knee high so Iam not 100% sure but I think he took over lots of firms & they all vanished.
The work & transport manager from Ingram Furness from New Milton ended up with Jimmy Alford in Southampton I think called Border Transport
Cheers
Rich

cheers rich .will carry on researching. bob.

Rich is right there, Ingram Furness trucks I worked along side doing fruit out of 105 berth in Southampton docks but they also did scrap IIRC, Buzzer.

tribsa:
Cheers
Rich

A Ingrem & Son Ltd were hauliers from New Milton & John Furness & co was a traditional local clearing house.The 2 operations combined in the 70’s .In the early 80’s (82/83?) they were acquired by said gentleman-anyone remember Laurie’s lorries?- & grew quickly.The concept of “a one stop shop” for all bulk tipping requirements was a good one but IIRC it never fulfilled its promise. The bulk of the outward traffic was scrap from George Cohen 600 group to South Wales . There may have been a working relationship with BFI,or they may have acquired some of the assets

I assume this is the BFI you are talking about Bob ■■?

Paul Gee pic.

paulgee bfi1.JPG

BFI also opened a depot in Lydbrook, Glos in what had previously been the yard of Edwards and later Nuttalls. One of BFI’s lorries was on the iron ore convoy from Port Talbot to Llanwern during Arthur’s miners’ dispute.

what do you want to know,i worked as a driver for bfi in Lydbrook