*Beyond* "Amber Gambling"

BBC article about idiots and level crossings, including truck mayhem…

What’s the bloody hurry?

Well as we say far too often. . . You can’t fix stupid!

That second clip, the car was ■■■■ lucky there wasn’t a car coming the opposite way or anything as that could have been bad judging by the speed he darted across (or she to be more politically correct :unamused:)

Hope they all get a nice fine through the post and a stern talking to about how to deal with level crossings as trains don’t stop in 100 yards like cars. :neutral_face:

Just drivers being ignorant pure and simple

absolutely nothing to see there old chap.
bit of an everyday non event for the sake of posting.

now on the other hand…■■

youtube.com/watch?v=TCO_UCBfBTY

youtube.com/watch?v=cOwVlLSOias

youtube.com/watch?v=MeTmM98ZEzE

dieseldog999:

now on the other hand…■■

That third one - jesus wept! :open_mouth:

Yeah, and there were still idiotic gits making stupid comments.

peterm:
Yeah, and there were still idiotic gits making stupid comments.

Indeed. I don’t think that driver contrived to be in that position at the end of his life.

Those last few seconds right after being hit the first time, now sitting in the smashed-off cab with another train bearing down upon him, stuck there - must have been the ultimate terror for the guy… RIP driver :frowning:

Winseer:

dieseldog999:

now on the other hand…■■

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
absolutely brutal.
black ice and inches to spare for the 1st one though it caught him eventually and only spun him,so i think he might have been ok with that.
he would be in a left ■■■■■■,so theres every chance he bailed if he saw the 2nd one coming,but what an absolute disaster if he didnt.

i was thinking it was like something from the beep beep road runner cartoons and he was the coyote.

all that was missing was the trailer bouncing into the air and coming back down to land on what was left of the cab.
just the wrong place at the wrong time whatever way he ended up.

dieseldog999:

Winseer:

dieseldog999:

now on the other hand…■■

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
absolutely brutal.
black ice and inches to spare for the 1st one though it caught him eventually and only spun him,so i think he might have been ok with that.
he would be in a left ■■■■■■,so theres every chance he bailed if he saw the 2nd one coming,but what an absolute disaster if he didnt.

i was thinking it was like something from the beep beep road runner cartoons and he was the coyote.

all that was missing was the trailer bouncing into the air and coming back down to land on what was left of the cab.
just the wrong place at the wrong time whatever way he ended up.

It says on the video comments that the driver got killed outright, likely by the second train completely oblitterating his cab before he could bale out… :frowning:

glad i wasnt there to see it…brutal.

So this guy is up in court and his defence claim dashcam footage show he was not in the wrong. I would have thought if that was the case it wouldn’t go as far as trial given the prosecution should have access to evidence being put forward?

chroniclelive.co.uk/news/no … d-18683167

njl:
So this guy is up in court and his defence claim dashcam footage show he was not in the wrong. I would have thought if that was the case it wouldn’t go as far as trial given the prosecution should have access to evidence being put forward?

chroniclelive.co.uk/news/no … d-18683167

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
they will have already spent a fortune to get it to this stage so they might as well carry on just in case the driver looses his bottle and cops for a guilty plea deal…good luck to him.

How much CPS time got wasted I wonder, because the firm would not give that driver automatic access PRE trial to their own camera footage - of HIM driving THEIR truck?

Winseer:
How much CPS time got wasted I wonder, because the firm would not give that driver automatic access PRE trial to their own camera footage - of HIM driving THEIR truck?

Probably…none…
Police can seize dashcam recordings.
PACE section 19.3.

Franglais:

Winseer:

Probably…none…
Police can seize dashcam recordings.
PACE section 19.3.

They can’t seize jack - if the firm says “Oh, we don’t know what we did with that footage… It all goes to head office I think, and then they lose it”

…But the footage is always there to pass on a PCN to the individual driver, when otherwise the firm would have to cough up every time a works vehicle gets snapped doing something naughty in Khaan’s London…

Khaaan.gif

dieseldog999:

now on the other hand…■■

I’d loved to have been privy to the phone call, the guy in the first clip had to make. :blush:

Star down under.:

dieseldog999:

now on the other hand…■■

I’d loved to have been privy to the phone call, the guy in the first clip had to make. :blush:

You’d think he’d be able to see the train coming, inched forward a bit, but seemed more concerned about damaging the flimsy barrier than leaving his trailer in the path of the train by NOT keeping on going…

I wouldn’t want to be the copper walking up the driveway of Mrs Trucker’s House of the last of those three clips… :frowning: