Bewick,,,

Bewick, I found this pic on Facebook, can you remember who was the driver and what track and year was this taken ?/
I used to go to Aycliffe, Belle Vue ,and White City in the 70’s but cant remember seeing this one… there’s a Willie Harrison car behind…

heres a link to FB page, facebook.com/groups/1225787 … 0/?fref=nf

I used to drink in a pub called the Bewick, in High Howdon, last time I tried to go for a jar there, there was an Aldi in its place.

Brings back memories, used to drink with Bewick’s drivers at the Orange Tree pub in Walsall. The guy in the link should be able to help you.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=48664

tommie1shunt:
Brings back memories, used to drink with Bewick’s drivers at the Orange Tree pub in Walsall.

Had some good nights in there also in the past. :smiley:
Went past it a while ago, all boarded up and truck park Gone! :cry:

robroy:

tommie1shunt:
Brings back memories, used to drink with Bewick’s drivers at the Orange Tree pub in Walsall.

Had some good nights in there also in the past. :smiley:
Went past it a while ago, all boarded up and truck park Gone! :cry:

Shame it gone, food was alright, and they had the ever popular Karaoke on. Used to park near the Hospital, built that is all built up now. Was running for Brady’s out of Barrow myself.

I assume bewick went under or sold out,havent seem them for years

truckman020:

Sold out to W.R.M Logistics Mid '90’s

tommie1shunt:
Brings back memories, used to drink with Bewick’s drivers at the Orange Tree pub in Walsall. The guy in the link should be able to help you.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=48664

cheers for that.

The driver of the stock car was Brian Branson, don’t know where it was taken though.

pete smith:

truckman020:

Sold out to W.R.M Logistics Mid '90’s

at least they didn’t go bust,so that’s a good thing,i think if I run a small transport company and a bigger outfit saw me as a threat and offered a million or two I would have to think about it for at least 2 seconds