Beware the school run!

Having changed jobs recently i now find myself with days off in the week,so have started walking my 7 year old to school.

When not driving you tend to observe different things around you and by this i mean the Mum on the school run.

I have never seen such shocking driving and parking in all my life. Double parking,parking on double lines parking on kerbs…the list goes on just so their little cherrubs can be as close to the school gates as possible.They would sooner run you over than avoid you. :slight_smile:

You even get parents getting to school half an hour early to get the best ■■■■■■■■■■■■.
They sit there with their books reading with the engines ticking over and they moan about the cost of living… :imp:

The M25 in the morning is tame compared to this carry on every day.No wonder the local residents cant wait for the school holidays.

Next time you get a day off and you get the chance,walk your child to school and have a good old laugh! :smiley:

I do the school run every day, and I park a couple of streets away to avoid the “scrum” of mums in 4x4’s who insist on parking all over the zigzags, up the kerb, across the school entrance, you name it. Too small behind their steering wheels to see many of them, and not being working mums and married (or not married even!) to the dads who don’t seem to have any kind of fancy job, I’m always left asking myself:-

“Why do people who can’t drive get to afford vehicles I can’t afford, and be free off work to drive them?”

We’re talking 60 plate landcruisers and the like here. I couldn’t even afford that on 0% finance, so God knows how people on low pay and/or benefits can?!?!

There’s only one “school dad” I reckon earns the right money to afford an expensive motor - that’s the one I’ve never seen, but that itself hints at him having a job that sees him away all the time. His missus is well dressed and pretty fit looking too, so that helps make the judgement as well! I see her WALKING (Or is it ‘gliding’ :blush: ) the kid to school, but never a vehicle let alone the dad. :smiley:

As a driver of a school bus I can confirm that all of the above is normal behavour nowadays. I too wonder how they can afford such big useless cars and why they cant afford to learn to drive them.I bring the wee darlings back from a school trip and there is nowhere near the school to park or turn the bus because the unthinking oafs have filled every available space with there blinged up junk piles.

Oh, that reminds me, it’s quarter past 3, must be getting on…

I deliver to schools a couple of times a week and agree with the way they drive/park.
You need to see it to believe it,get there at the wrong time in the morning and you get what I call suicide mums just driving at you as they are 10 mins late and must get the little cherubs to school so they can rush off to get their nails done!
Private schools are much worse as I’m sure they think as they drive a 30k+ motor that gives them the right to just stop in the drive and walk " miles and milly" into reception and then stand there talking to their friends whilst you sit there waiting for them to move!

Private schools?

You’d think they could afford them on 4x4 affording money, but there you go…

Wages have been stagnant for a decade, but 0% finance assures that people can still keep up with the Jones’s it seems.
I wouldn’t drive a 4x4 if someone gave me one, because of the insurance liability not to mention more chances of it being nicked out of hand! :angry:

I notice this as I live opposite a school ( 11 years up ) this is also a main bus route & a “rat run” as if the main road that runs parallel then they just seem to come along it

If you go out at the wrong time of the morning I cant get out of my street or it takes me quite a while the same coming back home weather it be morning or afternoon

They just “dump” there cars anywhere they can to be as close as possible to the school even though most could walk or get the bus ( feel sorry for the bus drivers tbh)

One day my neighbour & I couldnt park on our drives due to these people blocking them & of course they wouldnt move even though they were sitting in there cars

So dont get me started as 1 day they done a survey only to find this road was busier than the main A1 past the Metrocenter at the same time but has anything changed nope well the put a few speed bumps in or & a zebra crossing for the kids as they couldnt be bothered to walk along to the patrol crossing person :unamused: :unamused:

Rant over for now

animal:
One day my neighbour & I couldnt park on our drives due to these people blocking them & of course they wouldnt move even though they were sitting in there cars

A set of these might solve the problem

I do the school run every afternoon and got to agree,driving and parking by some parents is shocking.I stay a 2min walk from school and you see them parking on pavements on corners and infront of driveways.There are 2 parents inparticular who arrive at 3pm and drive about 1mph till their kids come out gate so`s they dont have to go round the block again and they wont move for anybody.

I used to walk to school.

had one at Edwalton, near nottingham the other week, the silly cow in her Q7 stops on zig zags, gets out as I’m approaching, cautiously I might add, there’s barely enough room for 2 vehicles to pass her car, does she walk to kerbside? does she buggery she only opens o/s passenger door to get little Mary out, I had to slam on and come to a stop, she give a little ‘thankyou’ wave as I’m sat there shaking my head, 5 mph more or another tonne on and… well I can only guess.

I think we need to see some of this outside our school gates vs the “mum gangs” hogging the zigzags, up the pavement, blocking access, etc etc…

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

We’ve got a private school just down the road from our gravel pit: The schools’ 1 way system sends the Chelsea tractors out of a no right turn gate so the parents use our quarry entrance to turn around. You wait to pull out and it’s a bloody woman doing her makeup,dawdling along and then turning without indicating, often parking straight across our gates while they answer their phones.

OH!! do be careful…There may be little rodents in the back… :laughing: :laughing:

OH!! do be careful…There may be little rodents in the back… :laughing: :laughing:

There is always someone bleating on in the local papers about the traffic dangers outside a school. The cause is usually the way the parents abandon their cars as close as possible to the gates because fat little johnny can’t take a few extra steps can he!

I drove through Hook Norton earlier and 3 cars were parked on or opposite the yellow zig zag school markings. I crept past with cars parked on the other side of the road and upset one woman who was texting on her phone who pulled out from behind said cars without seeing me. A quick blast on the horns and I indicated “on the phone,” to some pedestrians got a right evil look off lady texter as she tried to reverse back to let me past. :smiling_imp:

Winseer:
I think we need to see some of this outside our school gates vs the “mum gangs” hogging the zigzags, up the pavement, blocking access, etc etc…

You cant see the barrel on that, a tidy piece of kit :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

Winseer:

You cant see the barrel on that, a tidy piece of kit :laughing:

Maybe she was playing poker on her Iphone, the cop misheard her say “I’d really like to get this gutshot please!” :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: