Beware of northampton truckstop!

Story not entirely believable, but if his bank charged him £80 for a £50 OD for a few days, time he used his nous & sacked that bank & got one that offers a free OD facility.

dont really care if you belive it or not mate, but this happened on tuesday night and i just thought i would let other drivers know just in case it happens to them!!!

the moral is
and this should be in what do i need in the truck
a second wallet
to used when going ‘into town’

Fastrantiger:

biggusdickusgb:
he needs £100, he’s only got £50 so he goes £50 into his overdraft and his bank charge him £80 for doing so.
thats the funniest one i’ve heard for a while

If its an unauthorised overdraft there can be a charge of £25 upwards plus a daily rate which can be almost as much depending which bank you use. So if the bloke only has £50 in his account and draws £100, then leaves it for a couple days that’s easily £80 in charges (I speak from some experience in these matters :blush: )

Tiger.

i’m surprised at that, i’ve got an overdraft and it costs pennies if i use it, if he hasn’t got an overdraft he shouldn’t be able to withdraw money, i know i cant.

get one of these pre-paid credit cards …

i use this all the time when am on a nite out never anymore than £60 on the card …
:sunglasses:
all the others stay at home with the wife… ■■ wait a moment… would 'nt they be safer with me… :confused:

man-tga:
all the others stay at home with the wife… ■■ wait a moment… would 'nt they be safer with me… :confused:

not if you’re in northampton apparently :laughing:

Theres no way i would have gone anywhere wiv a gorilla…he might have been carrying…and made your mate take out more…i would have called the police…cancelled all the cards…but then again…if he was on his overdraft limit, he never had much in there in the first place…

My wife had her credit card stolen, and asked me to report it to the police…i told her no way…they might not spend as much as you do…

man-tga:
get one of these pre-paid credit cards …

i use this all the time when am on a nite out never anymore than £60 on the card …
:sunglasses:

Muppet :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve heard a simillatr story, in the end it turned out the guy in question had had a few and wanted some extra marital activities so to speak.

Anyway a cash machine won’t let you take out more money than was in your account

Right or wrong lads the guy is just warning us all.Dont knock him for it.

My dad told me when i was younger if anyone ever forces you to a cash point enter the wrong pin 3 times the machine takes the card :slight_smile:

thank you

We’ve received 3 TAPA Freight Crime Alerts today.
1. Northampton (Rothersthorpe) Services. J15a. NN4 9QY
Advised not to overnight park. Numerous recent vehicle attacks.
2. Red Alert. Brackmills Industrial Estate. Northampton.
Especially parking in remote locations. Significant number of increased attacks over recent weeks.
3. J29 M1 Truckstop Ltd. Holmewood Industrial Estate. Chesterfield. S42 5SA
Several curtain ■■■■■ incidents.

If the guy had any sense he would of got his credit card and told the prozzie to bend over while he swiped it down her arse :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Would of saved going to the cash point :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Kebabs are bad for you!!

bugger now i read this after parking up!

Koop:
Kebabs are bad for you!!

very bad for ya!!!

Yes, the truckstop is located in the red light district, so be prepared for them to be walking through and knocking on your doors all night.
Its not really an intimidating area, but just busy with punters and prozzies.

The nearest kebab shop is over half a mile away too, so me thinks the wallet was stolen while in the cab, during a bit of jiggery pokery.

there was no jiggy jiggy goin on, but you sound as though you are talking from experince mate

Only one reason why drivers park at the Super Sausage is for the view, right!!!
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

“Nudge Nudge :wink: :wink: !!!”
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Swipe the old Brass’s Kebab!! Quality Fella!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

“If in Doubt, Kick er out” !!! :wink: :wink: