BEWARE - Bogus paypal e-mails

Received a bogus e-mail today from paypal. The address showed paypal and the content was extremely convincing telling me that someone had been trying to access my account from abroad and that I should verify my account by clicking on the link, if not my account would be suspended.

Luckily I had read about clicking on links from e-mails just a couple of days ago and so was very cautious, when I did I noticed that the website address in the address box was not paypal but a ■■■■■ type website address, they would have taken a snapshot of the info I entered and then gained access not only to my paypal account but also to the cards I have registered on paypal. I reported to paypal immediately and want to pass this on so everyone can be aware.

Tell all you friends and family about this so no-one is taken in as the e-mail was very convincing.

I usually get about 4 or 5 a day from ebay or paypal when i 1st started getting them i mailed ebay about it and they just told me to ignore it :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

infact i just looked in my deleted mail folder and the are 497 items in it

simon :frowning:

Thanks for the warning Topcat, I’ll spread the word around my freinds, contacts, etc.

Don’t forget to ignore the ones supposedly from banks telling you to click on a link to verify your account details!!

If you want to go to a bank website type the url in the address bar of your browser :wink:

if i dont recognise the address it came from, i delete them anyway and i dont buy online so my details will not be logged anywhere. i certainly dont use online banking