Between Honiton and Dorchester

Should have stopped at Honiton, but pressed on towards Poole for morning.
Ended up in a little ind est …Marabout?, just before wt limit at Dorchester, didn’t bother walking down town too late, and it looked a bit far out.
Anybody know anywhere better for next time…( near some facilities btw not interested in ■■■■ lay bys.)
Cheers.

Dorchester town centre. Next to the museum is a car park, with about 7-8 HGV spaces at the bottom alongside the Top 'o Town cafe, I think it’s Bridport Rd. 2 mins walk to Wetherspoons, takeaways etc.

Born Idle:
Dorchester town centre. Next to the museum is a car park, with about 7-8 HGV spaces at the bottom alongside the Top 'o Town cafe, I think it’s Bridport Rd. 2 mins walk to Wetherspoons, takeaways etc.

I thought there was a 7 and half wt limit in Dorchester, I even went to that estate by the back way .

If you go down the main road from Poundbury into Dorchester, I think the weight limit starts at the roundabout, just past the car park. You certainly get larger than 7.5 tonners on there!

Looked on the map mate, …■■■■ ed if I can find Poundbury :blush:

I came off the A35 coming from Bridport, r/a left which joined the A37 Yeovil road, …and I turned right at a r/a into Dorchester, past a supermarket on lhs, and I turned right up to ind est…is that the area you mean?

Sorry mate :blush: , I bet you wish you hadn’t bothered :unamused: :laughing:

If the roundabout you came off the A35 at to join the A37 was the one with Mcdonalds on the right then Poundbury was about 50 yards further on (2nd exit) :smiley:

joeyd:
If the roundabout you came off the A35 at to join the A37 was the one with Mcdonalds on the right then Poundbury was about 50 yards further on (2nd exit) :smiley:

Right ok, yeh Maccy Ds was where I turned, cheers for that mate.

It’s not even 5 mins walk to town from where you were mate!

Ok cheers, I’ll look forward to next time I’m down there, now I know the score…

robroy:

joeyd:

Right ok, yeh Maccy Ds was where I turned, cheers for that mate.

But that’s where the 7.5 t limit starts !! I thought pretty much all of Dorchester was a 7.5 limit.

Turn left at Maccys roundabout, down the hill to next roundabout, turn right until you come to the ind est on your right opposite the petrol station. Park in there somewhere, then walk up the hill to town. ■■■■ easy. :sunglasses: