Better drivers at night and early AM?

Been a bit ■■■■■■ with the job lately (last 20 years :laughing: …joking) so have not done an early start for abso ages as I can’t raise the level of enthusiasm needed to start before 6 am these days :blush:
However being as today is Saturday, and that I wanted to get back home after a week away I was up for 3am.
I am always banging- on on here about how truck driving standards have dropped, but this morning at 3 onwards on the M6 north it was like being back in the 80s, I was flashed out at the junction, if I pulled over to let other drivers out I was not kept out in the middle lane, I was flashed in 99% of the time, nobody cut in on me and left enough room before pulling in with an indicator thanks after I had flashed them in, just general old style courteous truck driving, it was like going back in time and a breath of fresh air.
Have all the trampers of old had enough and moved on to night trunking, so we only see the ■■■■ heads through the day now, or was it just coincidence that all the proper drivers were all on that road at the same time, or am I reading to much into it, or did I imagine it all, or was I sleep driving on auto pilot and didn’t notice the ■■■■ heads anyway.
Anybody else noticed or am I rambling again :smiley:

As Alex Lester says, “best time of the day”.

At that time its mostly people who are on night trunking jobs. Its as boring as hell so anything you can do to break the monotony of being sat on cruise control is a good thing hence the flashing in and backing off etc.

Other than having to deal with seemingly endless road closures, night driving is way more relaxing. I came up the A1 from South Mimms just after midnight on Sat morning all the way up to the M18 with barely another vehicle in sight.

I do a lot of 3 am ish starts and agree that first three hours the standards are higher, excluding the odd sleepy head having a drift.

Conor:
As Alex Lester says, “best time of the day”.

At that time its mostly people who are on night trunking jobs. Its as boring as hell so anything you can do to break the monotony of being sat on cruise control is a good thing hence the flashing in and backing off etc.

Other than having to deal with seemingly endless road closures, night driving is way more relaxing. I came up the A1 from South Mimms just after midnight on Sat morning all the way up to the M18 with barely another vehicle in sight.

As Conor says you have the odd road closure to put up with but its loads better starting earlyer :smiley: :smiley:
Love an early start :sunglasses: :sunglasses: Get up, get on and get done, that’s how my job is and i love it. Sometimes start later and park up later but early starts are always best :smiley: :smiley:

tango boy:
Love an early start :sunglasses: :sunglasses: Get up, get on and get done, that’s how my job is and i love it.
:smiley:

Ah yeah, keenness and enthusiasm !.., I think I can remember that! :smiley: :wink:

robroy:

tango boy:
Love an early start :sunglasses: :sunglasses: Get up, get on and get done, that’s how my job is and i love it.
:smiley:

Ah yeah, keenness and enthusiasm !.., I think I can remember that! :smiley: :wink:

Yeah summat like that lol :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I prefer to get up early and crack on,not much about this morning on the M1,steady run down to Edmonton