Best//worst showers

COME ON GUYS N DOLLS WHERE HAS BEEN THE WORST SHOWER YOU HAVE HAD ON THE ROAD.OR INDEED THE BEST ONE…I,M THINKING LEAGUE TABLES HERE… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The best is Whitwood T/stop, hands down. :grimacing:

The worst I ever had was the A5 truckstop one morning, and the best was Clacketts Lane, though it was so powerfull I got a sand blast into the bargain! :laughing:

I got to say though, the worst wash-room and I use the term loosely! was my fave ever cafe, Norman’s up the A1, sadly missed, but not the wash :laughing:

Mal.

worst used to be the ones at the 5star truckstop at dundee

I always thought the Hilton and Thistle hotels had good showers, but the prices in the bar was always high. Sadly my days of getting put up in a hotel is over. So its back to find roadside caffs, good one seem to be few and far between. I always liked Whitwood, but not used the showers since it was refurbished. Used to like a place near Runcorn called the M56 Truckstop or lets eat cafe. Is it still there?

rugby used to be quite good, till someone nicked all the power heads, has any one tried londonderry. yak… took one look the other week and didnt bother… i remember tamworth used to be bad aswell, they might be better now??..keep em coming though. :laughing: :laughing:

The best used to be Wolverhampton BP, the worst was Birmingham International Truck Stop, … if that (zb)heap still exists.

language edit mrs mix

the new forcourt at the oxford msa(run by welcome break) look well looked after(there on the forcourt so no trecking to the main building)

the worst was a little place just outside of plymouth.food was great but the showers were freezing and dirty

jon

Not a shower, but has anyone been in the gents at Clackets recently? Is it me, or are the taps pouring out scalding water? I mentioned it to the janitor, but gave up as one of us couldn’t understand the other!

I’d agree with Mal, the A5 Truckstop showers are bad, as are Red Moss, up the M74. Whitwood showers are top-notch!

the showers at aberdeen truckstop at alden ind est

Markham Moor showers are fairly powerful,but the cubicles are a bit on the small side.

Ken.

spaceman:
Not a shower, but has anyone been in the gents at Clackets recently? Is it me, or are the taps pouring out scalding water? I mentioned it to the janitor, but gave up as one of us couldn’t understand the other!

You managed to get the tap to stay on long enough to feel how hot the water was? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :wink: :smiley:

cairnryan Ferry Terminal, in main reception… good supply of hot water and cubicles not a bad size either … ahhh, refershing :laughing:
[/quote]

Virtually every shower ive had at the motorway services and autohofs in Germany have been excellent. Everything is clean, you could eat your dinner off the floor, and they are all huge, with toilets and sinks. Think BP Truckstop showers, but bigger, and gleaming. As for UK, ummmmmm… :confused: :confused: There may be some good ones now, but i hardly drive in UK any more so ill have to pass on that.

The worst would have to be stirling services, just plain foul. The best would be Gordano serives. Not sure if they still do this but the only showers there were in the hotel, Sun Inn or something like that, cost £3 pounds which was a bit expensive (free if you were paying for parking) but you got to use one of the rooms. Bathroom was immaculate and towels were provided too. Worth paying in my opinion.

Bluntman