Best/worst place to tip

My current favourite place to tip is Bookers, Haydock … never make you wait longer than necessary, always let you in early and don’t mither you with petty rules.
Worst place is any Sainsburys but in particular the Stoke one. They are the most miserable bunch of bar stewards from the moment you arrive. Surly, unhelpful, slow … christ, they’re slow … disrespectful load of CUrraNTS who seem to go out of their way to make an easy job into a hard one.

Nisa Scunthorpe has got to be up there as one of the worst,miserable and rude in the office and everything from tipping to getting your notes back takes forever and usually they smash something and send it back…

Tesco Goole,Tesco Litchfield,Morrisons Wakefield,Asda Normanton and Sainsbury’s Sherburn always seem to be on the ball when I go so they get a thumbs up…

Yorkielad:
… and usually they smash something and send it back…

TWO HATS

Been doing farm work for a bit so best is any farm. They just want their stuff, unload you and away you go.

Worst I’ve had is Co-op Leicester, was there ten hours :open_mouth:

Opposite ends of the spectrum today: 8 pallets for Co Op Newhouse, backed straight on the bay, handed keys in and 16 minutes later collected my keys and paperwork. Then just up the road at Iceland Livingston it took 5 hours to tip 10 pallets! In Icelands defence though it’s rarely that bad and the staff were apologetic and easy to talk to.

Iceland Swindon is legendary for delays and general ineptitude.

Oh, just to add; since the plague hit my favourite tip is Tesco Daventry frozen, it’s never less than two hours regardless of pallet count but you write your phone number on the paperwork and simply go back to your lorry and lie on the bed until they ring you to say you’ve finished.

A big plus there is you have access to the subsidised canteen too.

A few years ago when I did a bit of box jockying I did a few tips at H&M Greenford. The place was a joy to be tipped. Once onto a bay the first question given to me was “would you like to shower and toilet facilities” First reaction was wondering if I smell lol.
The shower room was spotless and modern.
Coming out of the shower I was shown the canteen facilities and told to help myself to the coffee and toast on offer. About 1 hour later a worker came to me to apologise for the long tip :open_mouth: and offered me a box of sweets!

I wrote away to the boss of H&M to thank the staff for the pleasent experience and to apologise in advance for any animal drivers that may abuse the hospitality.

I’m intrigued to know how many runaway trucks have propelled forwards off of bays since we’ve been allowed to wait in them.

We do multiple daily collections at XPO in West Hallam. No bother. They have the keys, you wait in cab. Today the loader - we generally have a laugh with each other - came out with his clipboard so I snatched it off him to have a look and it’s a “trailer pre loading inspection sheet” with stuff like brakes on, wheel chocks etc etc. I told him it’s all pointless. He agreed and asked why. I said I’ve just reversed downhill onto this bay and I don’t think rolling away up a hill has much of a chance of occurring. We both laughed. He carried on with his form, I carried on with life.

Love a bit of H&S me like.

the maoster:

They have a new site just going live off the A420, I wonder how that will fair.

Iceland Swindon

njl:

the maoster:

They have a new site just going live off the A420, I wonder how that will fair.

That’s funny, I posted my comment before I read others!

Worst B&M Bedford one of the best B&M Speke. Iceland Swindon seems alright but I deliver ambient stuff so maybe that’s why.

We deliver alot of firewood to farms… yeah theres some tight ones but your normally tipped quick… none of this health and safety bollox… and then theres the likes of lidl runcorn… waits hours for a bay… tip yourself then wait hours for paperwork… wouldn’t be too bad if you got straight on a bay… tip… then away considering it only takes about half an hour to tip it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iceland Swindon. Angie is a ■■■■■.

DaveyCrocket:
Worst place is any Sainsburys but in particular the Stoke one. They are the most miserable bunch of bar stewards from the moment you arrive. Surly, unhelpful, slow … who seem to go out of their way to make an easy job into a hard one.

Turned up there on Thursday at 12.00 for a 16.30 tip 20 pallets - you can guess how that went -
"Youre early - very early "
“Its OK we don’t charge extra for being early”
Go away , ring this number at 14.00 after shift change and see if they will change your booking .
Went away , rang the number to be told at 14.15 Come in now - still took them to 17.20 to take 20 pallets off and check them .
Why do they need to do this ■■ If they have space - they had , why not get the stuff in , checked and put away - it’s just petty jobsworths ,failed police wannabes swinging their little piece of authourity .
Madam at the gatehouse didn’t like it when I told her the only reason she had a job was she was cheaper than a padlock .

Can’t think of any really bad ones at the moment. Amazon Leeds can be a bit hit and miss I suppose. Nisa Scunthorpe staff are by far the most ignorant/miserable. Boughey’s Nantwich can be a bit of pain if live-loading. They park you in one area, and the forkie drags almost all your pallets from the other side of their site, one at a time, stops for a ■■■/chat with mates, goes to dinner, etc. I’ve been there 4 hours loading 20 pallets sometimes. We’ve had drivers there 7 hours and had to night out in their yard.

For best, I’d say Coke Wakefield. In 5 years of going there I’ve had probably one hiccup, and that was a 45 min delay where I had to go back in so they could take 6 pallets back off. Every other time it’s been drop and swap, no hassle, 20-30 mins in and out.

I’m sure if someone used the search function they’d find several similar threads

the maoster:
Oh, just to add; since the plague hit my favourite tip is Tesco Daventry frozen, it’s never less than two hours regardless of pallet count but you write your phone number on the paperwork and simply go back to your lorry and lie on the bed until they ring you to say you’ve finished.

A big plus there is you have access to the subsidised canteen too.

The woman at the goods-in desk said the same to me, so I went back to the truck, fired up the night heater and went zzzz. 2 hours later I awake to a loud banging at my door and discover an irate Reed Boardall driver stood there bouncing around, waiting for the bay. No phone call but apparently I’d been finished for an hour :unamused: . Also had an angry Turners driver swearing at me in Polish and waving his arms about because in his opinion I was taking too long at the gate. Well if they didn’t take 10 minutes to answer the phone in the gate cabin I’d have been in quicker, idiot! :unamused:

DCPCFML:
Also had an angry Turners driver swearing at me in Polish and waving his arms about because in his opinion I was taking too long at the gate. Well if they didn’t take 10 minutes to answer the phone in the gate cabin I’d have been in quicker, idiot! :unamused:

Ha ha ha. I upset a Stobarts agency type at the gates of Tesco Reading because when he needed to reverse I was rudely parked behind him and pipped my horn to avoid being hit as I couldn’t start my engine quick enough to move. He jumped out and had a go at me! How rude of me to park behind him in the queue.

Lidl Avonmouth there is a silly woman in goods in.I turned up with a container and she said she wont give me a bay until i told her what i was carrying.I said i dont know .She went mental i phoned security and asked them to come in .Pointed to the container seal and told her ref number is good .I was about to drive away.