Best way to newmarket

Hello

It’s been a good few years since I was heading down this way so would like some advice please. I’m heading to Newmarket tonight from northwest area and understand there’s roadworks and closures on a14. Was wondering if going down a50 through Nottingham and down a1 was the best option or just m6/a14? Thanks

According to…

AA route planner going via the A50/A1 is 7 miles more (I used Lymm as a starting point). If the road closures are in force I’d be inclined to go the A50/A1 route.

Cheers mate. Don’t know how long diversions add on to journey time but looking at alternative route looks the better option. Thanks again

Duno if longer or where road works are on a14
But id maybe go over woodhead pass onto m1 south off for the a57 follow it to a1 south then take a14 from there.i
If going over night I’d avoid m6 incase they close it overnight for works

edd…

This now opens up the usual M62/Woodhead Pass debate which could in turn lead into the M1 to the A1 via the A57 or the M18 debate.

This is all your fault.

edd1974:
Duno if longer or where road works are on a14
But id maybe go over woodhead pass onto m1 south off for the a57 follow it to a1 south then take a14 from there.i
If going over night I’d avoid m6 incase they close it overnight for works

Cheers mate. Think I’m going a50 m1. A47 across to Peterborough. Hopefully miss all the closures

yourhavingalarf:
edd…

This now opens up the usual M62/Woodhead Pass debate which could in turn lead into the M1 to the A1 via the A57 or the M18 debate.

This is all your fault.

Your the one that brought this up not me

yourhavingalarf:
edd…

This is all your fault.

or to be awkward use the new a555 Manchester airport bypass.
misses out hazel grove then head to chesterfield .

during night id go via Woodhead if honest
as gunn in traffic should be clear

guess im lucky where I work.there not to fussed what way we go within reason as long as we get there

depending whats shut on the A14/M6, I would use M62 then down the A1 to Huntington. If the A14 is Shut anywhere between junction 26-33 I would join A141 round huntingdon then A1123 through to Soham or go across to Ely if you want a less bumpy ride, then straight down to Newmarket from there.